John Mayer Signature Amp - The J-MOD100

Partybaby. Singer and plays guitar and keys.

Catchy tune!

Talented lad! I’m glad to see the girl in the video got plenty of cardio before loading up on carbs!

Where about in Scotland did they tour and what was his impression of our fair country?

Sorry guys, it’s my amp and I was trying to be funny.

Naughty me!

I couldn’t think of an amp that wouldn’t upset someone, so I thought if I used mine it would be ok.

My bad:(

I did add a o_O after my comment.

Oh I see. You were trying to slip a new one in on us. The “self depreciating” mode. Ok, I”m going to try that and see if I can do it.

“Pics, or it’s an Ar... an Arc... an Arrrrrrrr.... ArchArcAr......”. It won’t come out. I just can’t even do it! I feel like Fonzie trying to say he was wro...wrrrrr.. wroooo. Wrrr.....

Oh I see. You were trying to slip a new one in on us. The “self depreciating” mode. Ok, I”m going to try that and see if I can do it.

“Pics, or it’s an Ar... an Arc... an Arrrrrrrr.... ArchArcAr......”. It won’t come out. I just can’t even do it! I feel like Fonzie trying to say he was wro...wrrrrr.. wroooo. Wrrr.....
You have to build up to it!

It takes years of practice!! I am so skilled at it, that it catches people out and they believe I’m being serious!o_O

It’s one of my more lovable traits!!!:(

Ok, “pics or it’s an Arcane”.

Sorry that’s as close as I can come to taking the name of the Archon in vain.

I tested it the other day and it’s... awesome!

G1MTMQT.jpg

In a few more words, I felt the clean channel is incredibly responsive and stable, the Gain stage is very accessible and great in almost every position of the volume knob. You set everything to 12 o’clock and only have to tweak here and there. Pretty much an instant great sound. And overall, it’s not very loud for a 100W-amp.

They had a Sonzera 50 head as well and it was clearly moving more air, especially the Gain channel.

If I had the money right now, I would go for the J-MOD, but the clean channel of the Sonzera is similarly great - for about 1/10 of the price. The only thing I would have to get used to is the Gain channel on the Sonzera.

Catchy tune!

Talented lad! I’m glad to see the girl in the video got plenty of cardio before loading up on carbs!

Where about in Scotland did they tour and what was his impression of our fair country?

Going strictly from memory, Edinburgh and Glasgow in late 2016. And he loved it. They toured with Vant throughout the UK.

One thing about my son is that he loves touring and performing, and enjoys getting out with the audiences and in places they play. He was just in London, Paris and Madrid with 30 Seconds to Mars, a band he also works with from time to time.

Last edited:
Goodness. I could spend the rest of the week right there.

G1MTMQT.jpg

In a few more words, I felt the clean channel is incredibly responsive and stable, the Gain stage is very accessible and great in almost every position of the volume knob. You set everything to 12 o’clock and only have to tweak here and there. Pretty much an instant great sound. And overall, it’s not very loud for a 100W-amp.

They had a Sonzera 50 head as well and it was clearly moving more air, especially the Gain channel.

If I had the money right now, I would go for the J-MOD, but the clean channel of the Sonzera is similarly great - for about 1/10 of the price. The only thing I would have to get used to is the Gain channel on the Sonzera.

G1MTMQT.jpg

Something about this amp gives me a big case of the wants. I loved the demo clips, love the concept, heck, I even like the look.

I don’t see how it’s possible to avoid getting one in the long term.

Something about this amp gives me a big case of the wants. I loved the demo clips, love the concept, heck, I even like the look.

I don’t see how it’s possible to avoid getting one in the long term.
Exact same “problem” here. I probably will be happy with the Sonzera, but I’ll always think about the J-MOD - although it most likely would be bored with my playing :rolleyes:

Back