John Mayer Signature Amp - The J-MOD100

This seems to be about the pedals, whatever they are, more than the amp. I watched in on my phone though, while I was roasting (coffee!).

Brian has such a nice touch on the guitar! In that way, he's probably the perfect PRS demo guy for most of their guitars. His strengths play to the PRS guitars strengths. His touch, and their feel... And probably also perfectly for this amp, the Custom 50... etc. I wish I could play like that.

I'm glad he and I are tight now. (He did like my posts!:p)

Side note, now you know why I love prog. Dynamic contrasts... from totally serious to completely joking in one short post! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems to be about the pedals, whatever they are, more than the amp. I watched in on my phone though, while I was roasting (coffee!).

Brian has such a nice touch on the guitar! In that way, he's probably the perfect PRS demo guy for most of their guitars. His strengths play to the PRS guitars strengths. His touch, and their feel... And probably also perfectly for this amp, the Custom 50... etc. I wish I could play like that.

I'm glad he and I are tight now. (He did like my posts!)

Side note, now you know why I love prog. Dynamic contrasts... from totally serious to completely joking in one short post! :)
Yeah it's showcasing the pedals, but wanted to share anyway because Bryan with the J-Mod sounds killer.

I got to hear Bryan Ewald and PRSh play through one last night. I'm pretty positive it's the best sounding amp I've ever heard directly with my own ears. (Disclaimer: I haven't to my knowledge heard a Two Rock or Dumble in person.)

It sounds great in YouTube vids, but in person it is indeed glorious.

No, it IS way out of my league. Besides, I don’t need one. I have an Archon! :) And who knows, maybe something else before too long

I got to hear Bryan Ewald and PRSh play through one last night. I'm pretty positive it's the best sounding amp I've ever heard directly with my own ears. (Disclaimer: I haven't to my knowledge heard a Two Rock or Dumble in person.)

It sounds great in YouTube vids, but in person it is indeed glorious.

I’ve had a few Two-Rocks, and they are fantastic amps; they’re what I played before the HXDA. Probably had ten years experience playing them as my main amps.

I thought the JMOD in that video was every bit as interesting, if not more so. It’s obvious that I need me one of those! :eek:

I got everything ready for it but the wallet.

Unboxing video of the PRS J-MOD...

1) Why would anyone put a "klon" pedal in front of this amp?, 2) Where's the foot switch?, 3) Why didn't they take off the back panel and make sure all the tubes were properly seated? 4) Why didn't they use a DVM to check the factory set bias? 5) Why aren't there amp and cabinet covers included with this very, very expensive rig? and 6) Why isn't there some documentation about about the amp/cabinet build, like a 'congratulation' letter, with dates and serial numbers on PRS Letterhead?

Last edited:
Unboxing video of the PRS J-MOD...]

1) Why would anyone put a "klon" pedal in front of this amp?,

Because Klons sound good, and push an amp in an interesting way. Plus they have a very good sounding buffer circuit, even when the pedal’s off.

I can’t answer your other questions, but I doubt there’s a need to.

Back