John Mayer SE

I’m a big fan of the US made SS and really thought I’d buy one. Not any more though, and glad I didn’t!

Even McKnight had to admit how good the SE model is. It was absolutely delightful watching him squirm...

Want to echo both of these. I had planned to buy a US model last summer and just didn't because other stuff got priority. Now I'm really happy to buy an SE.

And yes, McKnight's video was cringe comedy. He really tried hard to not say anything nice, but really had no choice.

I hate you..:D

Congrats man! Let us know when ya get it!
Thanks, amigo! :) How did I get it...? Went to the Dealers page on the PRS website, went through them one-by-one (skipping all the GCs) until I found a dealer who said, yes, we just received one today, want it? A lot of the sites said "in stock", but when I called, they said they were pre-order only. Then I hit the jackpot!

I would also be interested in that. My guess is that John Mann will have an answer for us. I'm hoping that locking tuners are an option considering the tremolo.

I rarely use the trem myself...but I have put the SE locking tuners on a couple, and I LOVE them! Even if only because of the convenience factor.

Last edited:
Huh? Never heard the five way was different?!?
Yeah, the 5 way on the SE is standard fair. On the Silver Sky (American) the middle position is neck/bridge at Mayer's request and it is REALLY NICE. And I LOVES me some middle pickup only tones, especially on my NF3 (but that's not even fair). But I modded my first strat, and one of my other guitars to do neck/bridge in the middle position. It's a great tone!

Thanks, amigo! :) How did I get it...? Went to the Dealers page on the PRS website, went through them one-by-one (skipping all the GCs) until I found a dealer who said, yes, we just received one today, want it? A lot of the sites said "in stock", but when I called, they said they were pre-order only. Then I hit the jackpot!
Pretty much how i got my lunar ice. Congrats!

Hells yeah man! SCORE!!

Yeah, the 5 way on the SE is standard fair. On the Silver Sky (American) the middle position is neck/bridge at Mayer's request and it is REALLY NICE. And I LOVES me some middle pickup only tones, especially on my NF3 (but that's not even fair). But I modded my first strat, and one of my other guitars to do neck/bridge in the middle position. It's a great tone!

I never really use the middle so didn’t notice. I’ll have to check it out.

I never really use the middle so didn’t notice. I’ll have to check it out.
If the Silver Sky SE can get me to use the middle pickup on an S-style guitar, then we have a winner! Have never been inspired by that sound on my own guitar - the other 4 positions are so much more interesting. (Of course, Jimi used it all the time, so who am I to say that middle pup sucks? :confused:)

Back