John Mayer SE

Just saw on one of the online retailers IG post 12:00 p.m. Maryland time. 2 hours 47 minutes til liftoff!!
Yeah man! I saw the picture from Thomann and it seems to be similar to the hot pink the Roxy was at first!

Is it really at 12pm? I have a meeting at that time...

Last edited:
Just saw on one of the online retailers IG post 12:00 p.m. Maryland time. 2 hours 47 minutes til liftoff!!

Makes perfect sense!

That would be '9am' on the west coast so as soon as its officially announced, they can actually say its available 'now' everywhere as the West Coast shops will likely be open too. If they announced it at 9am (East Coast), that would be too early for the West Coast - although that will be 5pm in the UK and later across Europe.

My dude at SW sent me a text saying they have the dragon fruit and ever green, but the other two won't be available until April or May. May be completely the opposite somewhere else.
Pretty sure those other colors sold out already.
I know of a few who got the off white one.

Get them while they last!

I know that prices are forbidden, but not pleased that UK prices are nearly 50% more than US!!

Sorry for the grump.:(

I feel like that a LOT when looking at Guitar prices here vs the US but then I appreciate that the UK prices are the actual Price (inc the ridiculously high 20% Tax) we pay. The value of the £ against the Dollar doesn't help either. Its likely to be 'twice' as much in Australia - definitely won't be under $1k to them...

The SE Silver Sky isn’t playing in the entry-level space. That’s where Squier Affinity is - at 1/3 the price. This is squarely in the Fender Player spot - mid range, working musician’s instruments.

Yeah ... well considering Strat and Strat Copy prices go as high as $2.2 K ... I'm considering anything around $1K ... "entry level " :)

And even at the "bargain basement " prices, folks find things to like about Squier Affinity and Classic Vibe....

This is tough. SE silver sky for 849, paul’s guitar for similar, or fender player plus (amazingly similar to the American ultra) for about the same as well.

Tough market.

And crowded ... AND the Sire S7 , w/ rolled fret board edges, roasted maple neck, (fret ends, that are actually finished) , locking tuners, maybe decent pickups .All at $599 ???..

Tough Market ...;)

Exactly...BR549sometime.:D

That's a"Hee-Haw" reference if anyone doesn't get it.

hee-haw.gif

Yeah ... well considering Strat and Strat Copy prices go as high as $2.2 K ... I'm considering anything around $1K ... "entry level " :)

And even at thein "bargain basement " prices, folks find things to like about Squier Affinity and Classic Vibe....

And crowded ... AND the Sire S7 , w/ rolled fret board edges, roasted maple neck, (fret ends, that are actually finished) , locking tuners, maybe decent pickups .all at $599 ???..

Tough Market ...;)
True... but if the SE Silver Sky is 2/3's or less feeling of the Silver Sky Core then it is worth it. The neck feel of the Core is very good and the whole guitar makes you want to play more. Other strat style guitars I can't get into and never liked.
Saving up a few extra hundred is not a tall ask to get a better feeling instrument.
The SS changed my view on how a guitar should feel.

And even at the "bargain basement " prices, folks find things to like about Squier Affinity and Classic Vibe....

And crowded ... AND the Sire S7 , w/ rolled fret board edges, roasted maple neck, (fret ends, that are actually finished) , locking tuners, maybe decent pickups .All at $599 ???..

Tough Market ...;)
Maybe you can find a Sire Forum dude...you are a total kill joy.

True... but if the SE Silver Sky is 2/3's or less feeling of the Silver Sky Core then it is worth it. The neck feel of the Core is very good and the whole guitar makes you want to play more. Other strat style guitars I can't get into and never liked.
Saving up a few extra hundred is not a tall ask to get a better feeling instrument.
The SS changed my view on how a guitar should feel.
I sold my silver sky to get a fender custom shop 63 strat. This could be awesome if the se is close to the ss core. I could have both.

Back