John Mayer SE

I just can't wait to get my hands on one. I liked the neck carve on my SS, the small frets and 7.5 radius didn't bother me. Probably because the set up was spot on. Hope it's good on the SE too. Not nuts about any of the colors either. It would be a tough call on any of them but I guess the "White Moon" and the "Stone Blue" if I end up having to choose. Either way I'm stoked to see how good they are.

P.S. Paging Mr. Ewald to the demo room!!! STAT!!!

I like those colors as well.

I rounded the fretboard edges, did some fretwork, replaced the electronics with a loaded Mojotone pickguard with Quiet Coil ‘67s. So, no.

Plus, it’s purple which is rad.
Oh also Highwood saddles bc all S-types (Silver Sky included) poke the heck out of my hands.

WTF is Sire S7....some NASA Satellite to Neptune ?
Youtube "influencers"....oh boy, I'll watch someone else play guitar while I hold mine . You can have the Music is Gate, Guitar Win, Know Your Tone Knob and the cast of others and flush them...

That is a lot of hostility for something that has zero impact on your life.

YouTube is a great resource for teaching - not just guitar obviously. I don't think of it as influencing as much as informing.

Some of us live in parts of the planet where we're unlikely to see new products for weeks or months after launch, given current circumstances. It's nice to see what others think of things in the meantime. Doesn't mean I'm more likely to buy anything.

Oh also Highwood saddles bc all S-types (Silver Sky included) poke the heck out of my hands.

Highwood saddles killed sustain in every strat I put them in to. Love the concept, not so it's execution

WTF is Sire S7....some NASA Satellite to Neptune ?
Youtube "influencers"....oh boy, I'll watch someone else play guitar while I hold mine . You can have the Music is Gate, Guitar Win, Know Your Tone Knob and the cast of others and flush them...

Wow! What brought that on? I haven't played a Sire S7, but I recently bought a Sire H7 335 clone and it is every bit as good as either of my SE's. It really scratched the 335 itch I was having. The reviews I've seen of the S7 are just as glowing. I'm sure the SE SS will be killer, but the Sire is also available as a HSS with a better trem, so it offers options SE isn't covering yet.

That is a lot of hostility for something that has zero impact on your life.

YouTube is a great resource for teaching - not just guitar obviously. I don't think of it as influencing as much as informing.

Some of us live in parts of the planet where we're unlikely to see new products for weeks or months after launch, given current circumstances. It's nice to see what others think of things in the meantime. Doesn't mean I'm more likely to buy anything.
can't learn anything without someone else teaching you, at least not in a meaningful way IMO. I learned the pentatonic scales and major modes from Tyler Larson's (Music Is Win) program. hearing someone else explain a concept and why it works, or sounds great, or how they came up with a song/riff/solo, does something that playing by ear just doesn't seem to do.

even some of the review channels on YouTube are killer for inspiration. Agufish's channel has a demo track for almost everything he reviews, and I love listening to what he comes up with. it's almost like finding a new band or something

Highwood saddles killed sustain in every strat I put them in to. Love the concept, not so it's execution

I haven't experienced that myself on the one strat I have them on. I've heard that quite a few times about graphtec but not Highwood.

I haven't experienced that myself on the one strat I have them on. I've heard that quite a few times about graphtec but not Highwood.
Yeah not here either. They’re just different shaped bent steel without the grub screws sticking up to kill your hand.

Yeah man. Not sure why but they just did not work with me. My guitar became darker, hollow. I believe Highwood uses softer metals or maybe its the plating... or maybe it was my guitar. Most people like them so my opinion doesn't really matter.

Wow! What brought that on? I haven't played a Sire S7, but I recently bought a Sire H7 335 clone and it is every bit as good as either of my SE's. It really scratched the 335 itch I was having. The reviews I've seen of the S7 are just as glowing. I'm sure the SE SS will be killer, but the Sire is also available as a HSS with a better trem, so it offers options SE isn't covering yet.
Yep...no HSS as the Silver Sky is the Mayer signature model, John Boy doesn't play "super strats"....so, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

can't learn anything without someone else teaching you, at least not in a meaningful way IMO. I learned the pentatonic scales and major modes from Tyler Larson's (Music Is Win) program. hearing someone else explain a concept and why it works, or sounds great, or how they came up with a song/riff/solo, does something that playing by ear just doesn't seem to do.

even some of the review channels on YouTube are killer for inspiration. Agufish's channel has a demo track for almost everything he reviews, and I love listening to what he comes up with. it's almost like finding a new band or something

I'm a Marty Schwartz man myself. He taught me everything I know up to this point. (Which still isn't much but that's totally my own fault) The way he breaks everything down in a very digestible manner, is my jam.

I really like Tyler, but Marty is my dude.

Yep...no HSS as the Silver Sky is the Mayer signature model, John Boy doesn't play "super strats"....so, it's like comparing apples and oranges.
Weeeeeelllllll......

pz8R2cmDrEUVgqnL6EgJ27.jpg

We're just a few hours away from the release and getting to lay our ears on this sucker. I'm so anxious to hear it. I know some of you guys are like meh, not for me, who cares, whatever. I totally get it. But I for one am STOKED!!! LET'S GOOOO!

Just thought I'd share.:D

Back