John Mayer SE

Gimme a Moc Sand please!

I was thinking the SE meant South East, as in SE Asia.

Last edited:
The picture of the label from the Cort factory showed a slightly different fretboard radius. I think it was 8.25 vs 7.25 on the USA model.
I saw that. But that picture was old and could have been a prototype. 8.25 is kinda of an odd duck for size. I would think for an SE they would make it easier to play. 9.5-10” seems to be that standard.

I am already scouring the Internet for the right shade of spray paint…..

f17IjNS.jpg

I saw that. But that picture was old and could have been a prototype. 8.25 is kinda of an odd duck for size. I would think for an SE they would make it easier to play. 9.5-10” seems to be that standard.

Agre, pretty sure it's a prototype and 8.25 is probably not likely. Contrary to the article 216mm converts to 8.5. Reportedly the regular SS prototypes were 8.25-8.5 radius as well. I'd speculate the radius will change on the SE too, or maybe they try the proto route on a SE to see how it goes? We'll find out soon enough. The nut width aligns with the SS and heel is close to standard PRS if that's any help or more confusion.

Screenshot_20211222-103817_Chrome12e25f2563fcb99c.jpg

I would love to be wrong and it’s and SE modern eagle. That would be a hit and not cut the sales of the Silver Sky.
An acoustic SE of Mayer would be interesting as well

I saw this on the gram. If it is what they are inferring, hang on for a wild ride. And, maybe it will open the door for things like, oh maybe an HSS model.

Oh heck who am I kidding. There is never going to be an HSS model, US or SE. But I don't care because I have an NF3 and a Silver Sky. I played both last night and other than the SS still not staying in tune, they are GREAT both guitars. I'm loving the SS other than the issues I'm working on. If they nail this SE version, it will be a wildly popular guitar. They better make, what us rednecks call, a "metric crap ton" of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, this shouldn’t be any more expensive than an se custom 22, but it probably will be.

bolt on neck vs set neck alone should lower the cost.
They’ll use birds…they’ve been using those on SE’s for years.
Easier wiring than one an se Pauls guitar, so that helps.
Paint won’t be nitro probably, so no biggie.
No lock tuners.
Who knows what else, but logic would dictate that all things being equal they could release this for 700 or so. I’m expecting 1199 to compete with MIM player plus fenders.

I saw this on the gram. If it is what they are inferring, hang on for a wild ride. And, maybe it will open the door for things like, oh maybe an HSS model.

Oh heck who am I kidding. There is never going to be an HSS model, US or SE. But I don't care because I have an NF3 and a Silver Sky. I played both last night and other than the SS still not staying in tune, they are both guitars. I'm loving the SS other than the issues I'm working on. If they nail this SE version, it will be a wildly popular guitar. They better make, what us rednecks call, a "metric crap ton" of them.
Isn't the Fiore a HSS?

Your SS is not staying in tune?

Back