John Mayer SE

Well put. My 62 reissue is a Made in Japan Strat from 1994, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The quality of the SS SE is mind-blowingly good (not to mention how it sounds). "Cheap" is just not a word you could even begin to associate with that guitar.

Snap! Well mine is a ‘96. It did several years of gigs. It’s beaten up, but it’s like a well worn pair of slippers.

I’m still tempted to find an SS SE and see what it feels/sounds like :D

Just don’t tell Mrs AR!

250 plus a bag of soft shell tacos?

251.50 and a bag of Skittles!:p

There's always one...and it looks like it's this dude at the moment.

He's just trolling again. He's been a member since 2013 has 154 posts and 10 likes. I only read a few of his last posts from 2015 until he just posted a moth or so back. The few I read, were him spewing his negativity or trying to be confrontational.

Shocking, I know.:rolleyes:

I'll never understand trolls or why they get off bashing others choices? Nor do I want to. My guess is they are miserable people that didn't get enough hugs as a kid. But that's just a theory.

From what I saw his opinion clearly wasn't based on facts, and my opinion is the he speaks out of his a$$.

My suggestion to him is, take his non fact based opinion/post and move along to a forum that will put up with it. I don't think I'm alone on this. I'm pretty sure we all agree on this being the PRS FORUM, we have fun here, we learn from each other, care about and support each other. Troll all you like somewhere else dude just not here please.

This is my opinion and it was based on his ridiculous post. Just don't engage him and he'll crawl away sooner or later.
I've found the "ignore" feature very useful in the past few weeks...eliminates the static.

Well, I'm hearing April 15th. I used Musician's Friend because I gambled that they would have stock. Another bad bet for me. Unlucky in cards, as they say. Anyway, Sweetwater is likely a more respected internet retailer, but MF has always been good to me and I'm a loyal SOB (not that I purchase much these days). Plus, it's not like they should need to QC the guitar as I've heard rumored that the import SEs are given a once-over stateside before they make it to retail. Hope so. Bottom line: I called MF and the rep said April 15th. By then I should be able to improve my modest Stratesquepheric ability, lose fifteen pounds, lower my blood pressure into a metric that is recognized as human, and file my taxes. I can only hope. I'm thinking the May ETA that Sweetwater is quoting would be fine. It's nice to have a goal date out there. I haven't anticipated something with such optimism in quite some time.

Well, I'm hearing April 15th. I used Musician's Friend because I gambled that they would have stock. Another bad bet for me. Unlucky in cards, as they say. Anyway, Sweetwater is likely a more respected internet retailer, but MF has always been good to me and I'm a loyal SOB (not that I purchase much these days). Plus, it's not like they should need to QC the guitar as I've heard rumored that the import SEs are given a once-over stateside before they make it to retail. Hope so. Bottom line: I called MF and the rep said April 15th. By then I should be able to improve my modest Stratesquepheric ability, lose fifteen pounds, lower my blood pressure into a metric that is recognized as human, and file my taxes. I can only hope. I'm thinking the May ETA that Sweetwater is quoting would be fine. It's nice to have a goal date out there. I haven't anticipated something with such optimism in quite some time.

Yeah SW told me April or May when I pre-ordered mine on the 11th.

Hopefully the QC will still be done in Maryland first like all the other SE's are. I'm totally cool with that.

I hate waiting too, but knowing it's gonna be as perfect as possible when hits my hands makes it worth the wait...to me anyway.

They'll be here before ya know it!

I don't see the problem with $950. I pre ordered mine through Guitar Center and that was my price after taxes.....

Technically $942.51, but whatever.

Sounds like someone is just selling theirs for what they paid for it.

I've found the "ignore" feature very useful in the past few weeks...eliminates the static.

We all have to deal with Jago's in life. I've never used the ignore button here or at TGP, even for the guys that hate me. :cool: Ironically I suffer fools far less at TGP than here, and it's here where I have people who truly dislike me, and probably have me on ignore. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have to deal with Jago's in life. I've never used the ignore button here or at TGP, even for the guys that hate me. :cool: Ironically I suffer fools far less at TGP than here, and it's here where I have people who truly dislike me, and probably have me on ignore. o_O

Who said that?!;)

Back