John Mayer PRS S Type

The horn sculpting looks great. That's one of my problems with the strat when getting up to those upper frets.

WOULD!! :D

I've been kind of looking for a bolt-on "S-type" guitar lately too... well, I mean I was sorta looking for a bolt-on "S-type" guitar... past tense... now I'm waiting... on word from PRS... about these Mayer sigs... I'm going back to the 305 for a bit I guess... :p

Is it me, or are those vintage-style synchronized bridges rather than the Gen III?

Where do you adjust the truss rod from? Could this be a rubber plug on the headstock and not use a headstock cover?
If this comes to production I would like a headstock adjusted truss rod and a PRS tremolo.
Looks like a revival of the older EG series.

I don't think the reverse headstock looks great. Reminds me of an Ibanez ATK bass.
Otherwise nothing wrong with the EG comparisons :)

Where do you adjust the truss rod from? Could this be a rubber plug on the headstock and not use a headstock cover?
If this comes to production I would like a headstock adjusted truss rod and a PRS tremolo.
Looks like a revival of the older EG series.

I believe the consensus in an earlier thread on this was a graphite truss rod.

the trc has a screw on it, so I'm sure that it is adjustable.
so far I'm intrigued. Ive been on a Strat kick lately and have actually kinda been looking at a few of them. I found one at a local shop that plays well and sounds good but I remember thinking to myself, "there is NO WAY I would pay $1600 for this." the fit and finish was honestly just like a Squier. the MX std one next to it was virtually identical. the electronics were different. At any rate, if PRS releases these "S-types" and puts them at a competitive price point to an American Standard or Professional Strat, they are gonna have a killer on their hands.

I think I need to see it in two-tone sunburst to pass judgement. :D

Back