John Mayer has a VERY special new PRS he's loving....

themike

John Mayer said:
It's grrrrrrreat! #PRS #custom #25andahalfinchscale #thankyoupaul #newtool
https://instagram.com/p/3P3hx9OETM/

9CL8io8.png

Yes.

Last edited:
Mike where did JM post that ?

NF's supposedly can't be.split.

They can be but need to come from PRS that way. There was an early proto floating around that had splittable NFs, but all of the production models don't have a tap wire.

It's probably possible to modify them to split (peel the tape off, find the wire that goes between the coils, and take a tap off that, wire it with a switch to ground)

Great to see this, I'm a Mayer fan, love his playing and tone. But I hope it's another axe in the tool shed, I can't see John giving up his strats entirely (considering his vintage collection and "the Black One").

Does anyone know for sure if that actually is a piezo equipped stop tail? Does not look like it has a separate output jack on Instagram pic. Maybe the two extra switches have phase/series/parallel or some kind of boost functions?

So why for the extra rotary and 2 x mini-toggles? You know what they say about ass-umptions!

Call me crazy...but If I were spec'ing something like this...one toggle would add the bridge pickup in positions 1 and 2...then use the other and knob to control an onboard pre-amp/boost...like a Gilmour/Clapton Strat hybrid.

Back