John Mayer Acoustic Tour.

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
Show of hands who will pay top Live Nation/Ticketmaster dollar to hear Mayer play acoustic, and some electric with guest artists?

I guess he decided to take a pass at the offer from Eric Gales for a jam session...But everyone knows why, don't you?

Curious to see what the prices are for this, but just for fun, I took a peek at Madonna tickets today. Upper bowl in an 18k seater? $160 plus fees in the presale. On the floor, $400+. Some lower bowl for $200+, some $400+.

Mayer will be expensive, no doubt, but I don't think he'll be that expensive.

Wasn’t Springsteen charging $5,000 for up-front? You know, the man for the people.
I wouldn't pay that much but I'd pay to see Bruce again. Cost me $100 last time. Seen him twice and both shows were up there with the best I've ever seen.

Wouldn't pay that much to see John, but I do like his PRS guitar!

Last edited:
Wasn’t Springsteen charging $5,000 for up-front? You know, the man for the people.
But that is for 2 tickets. Interesting that each has a $500 service fee.

I’ve pretty much stopped looking at tickets for big names. I just can’t bring myself to pay more for a ticket than to buy their entire catalog.

I did find Orianthi’s dinner before the show interesting.

I hate that dynamic pricing crap. I won't pay for those tickets. They did that at a Garbage show here last year - small club, face value was something like $60, but 'dynamic pricing' pushed them to over $160. With the fee hike to boot.

Ticketmaster is also charging more for 'aisle' seats here now. Used to be the two end seats, but now it's four. That's right, you get to pay extra for the privilege of having to get up every time somebody in your row has to run out for another beer.

By the look on Mayer's blank face on the promo picture, it's looks like it's going to be a 'fun time' at his concerts. BTW: A Major 6.

Ticket prices are insane.

But that's how musicians make their money these days: touring.

Fans don't buy albums and CD's like they used to and songwriting royalties pay peanuts.

It's all about touring and selling merchandise.

Or so it seems to me.

I know I listen mostly to music online. Amazon Music for $10 a month.

I rarely buy a CD.

Back