John Mayer, a Brazzy Collection Series Nylon PRS and you!

themike

I think it's pretty obvious how much of a JM fan I am, and recently with him falling in love with Paul and company its been a collision of worlds for me. Anyway, John's always tried to connect with his fans in cool ways and one was always random live streams. Periscope is a new app that allows just that, but through mobile phones so the other day in a room somewhere on this big earth, John went live on Periscope for an impromptu jam/Q+A/stand up session. Now why would I post about that here? Well - to even my surprise, he was playing a Brazilian Collection series acoustic with nylon strings. Not only did it sound great, but it was very awesome to see him put it through its paces as well as constantly bring up how much he loves it and its sound. Why is that a big deal? He's a Martin man through and through when it comes to acoustics. Not only does he have several signatures with them, but has just always played them and enjoys the history of the company. So for him to say "Now, Im a Martin man but this guitar is like a fine wine" spoke volumes about the PRS.

So for your enjoyment, check it out. Its got some fun playing, funny zingers and lastly - my favorite part - an jam at the end where he turns comments from the chatroom into a song and hilarity ensues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played one of those and was surprised how good a job PRS did making a nylon string. Great guitar.

Yeah, the acoustic team is filled with a very talented group of guys. While acoustics are pretty new to PRS, some of the team members have successfully building acoustics of all types for years.

This particular guitar was Paul's personal acoustic.

I think it's pretty obvious how much of a JM fan I am, and recently with him falling in love with Paul and company its been a collision of worlds for me. Anyway, John's always tried to connect with his fans in cool ways and one was always random live streams. Periscope is a new app that allows just that, but through mobile phones so the other day in a room somewhere on this big earth, John went live on Periscope for an impromptu jam/Q+A/stand up session. Now why would I post about that here? Well - to even my surprise, he was playing a Brazilian Collection series acoustic with nylon strings. Not only did it sound great, but it was very awesome to see him put it through its paces as well as constantly bring up how much he loves it and its sound. Why is that a big deal? He's a Martin man through and through when it comes to acoustics. Not only does he have several signatures with them, but has just always played them and enjoys the history of the company. So for him to say "Now, Im a Martin man but this guitar is like a fine wine" spoke volumes about the PRS.

So for your enjoyment, check it out. Its got some fun playing, funny zingers and lastly - my favorite part - an jam at the end where he turns comments from the chatroom into a song and hilarity ensues.

Is that site new or just cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that site new or just cheap?

Its actually a mobile app, so its all done using cell phones and can be done wherever you are, whenever you want. Users who have that app on their phone and subscribe to you will get a notification when you decide to pop online for a stream.

Back