John Mann's Wood Library Run

John Mann

olslowhand
Authorized PRS Dealer
So we are all getting excited and ready to head down to the PRS Experience...
but we're also getting really, really excited about doing our first Wood Library Run !

We will be picking woods, etc on Tuesday, June 7th

Here is where you all can help...

What model should we build?
What woods should we use?
What options should we include?
What colors should we use?

If you are in the market for something special, reach out to me!

John

Just suggestions -- it would be cool to see flame and quilt in singlecut and doublecut models, all four in the same finish -- some dark (espresso! black raspberry!), some light (transparent grandma hannon pink!), some vividly coloured (orange!):

Semi-hollow 408 or Paul's Guitar
*Semi-hollow SC245
*Semi-hollow Custom 22/24
Semi-hollow McCarty (594?)
Hollowbody II or Archtop of some variety?

Oh, and just for giggles -- 58/15 in the neck, 85/15 in the bridge?

Last edited:
Wow, your asking for trouble John.

How about a 594, mixed hardware, 58/15 low wind pickups, piezo, ebony or brazy fretboard, Honduran hog neck, new pattern neck carve, bird inlays with MOP outlines with Paua centers, new phase 3 tuners, light weight stripped hog back, wood library grade maple flame and quilt tops and PS exclusive colors.

Last edited:
11.5" fretboard radius and DGT frets. African blackwood and brazilian fretboards and HS veneers. model: 594 African mahogany backs, peruvian mahogany necks East coast curly maple tops. Pickups: whatever the Pauls suggest.

Edit: no fretboard binding and if there is a goldtop in the run, I'll buy it.

Custom 24
Quilted top
Flame maple neck/board
MOP Birds w/ black outlines
Swamp ash body w/black grain fill
85/15 pups
Gold hardware w/ faux bone tuner buttons
WHITE TIGER, or some form of a whitewash finish! Never any love for white.... Would be nice to see something different than the usual finishes.

Last edited:
594 or single cut. Pattern neck or 594 pattern vintage neck, rose wood or hog neck, 58 15 LT pups, moon inlays, quilt top on hog bodies for five and five with
all hog bodies (think Standards) . African blackwood and brazzy boards. McCarty tobacco sunburst and gold tops for the standards and fades for the quilt tops. WHAAAT.

Put your trem on it...
Oh yeah, good call, whatever you do, gotta put a Mann trem on it. Might I suggest one of the more exotic colours like Jet Black Plated or Smoked Black Nickel. Or perhaps even something mixed like black bridge with gold saddles. That would look sharp!

Last edited:
I realize my previous suggestion is more PS than WL, so picking something in the current lineup...

Do a CE. Put your trem on it, use an alder body, some nicer inlays, some 10 tops, and see if all the people who b!tched about the reissue are willing to throw down.

And put a mans neck carve on it instead of the twiggy thin one. And a stained flame maple neck and make mine PINK. WHere do i send my deposit check to?

I realize my previous suggestion is more PS than WL, so picking something in the current lineup...

Do a CE. Put your trem on it, use an alder body, some nicer inlays, some 10 tops, and see if all the people who b!tched about the reissue are willing to throw down.
Hmmmmm..... I'm really liking this concept!

Hey John,

I know we made it a tough call for you. Lots of good ideas. Have you come to any conclusions so we can give you even more to think about?

Thanks everybody.
CE 24's are NOT available as WL guitar. The man says it has to be a CORE guitar.

I am still undecided... so I am going to postpone my date for a few weeks. I have to do a private stock build soon, so I'll do it then.
So keep sending me ideas!

Back