John Mann

olslowhand
Authorized PRS Dealer
Check these amazing guitars out !

0329994_PRS_Wood_Library_McCarty_594_Hollowbody_II_Black_Gold_Burst.jpg
0329991_PRS_Wood_Library_McCarty_594_Hollowbody_II_Tiger_Red_1.jpg
0329992_PRS_Wood_Library_McCarty_594_Hollowbody_II_Charcoal.jpg
0330051_PRS_Wood_Library_McCarty_594_HB_II_Aquableux_Purple_Burst_1_of_10.jpg
0330048_PRS_Wood_Library_McCarty_594_Hollowbody_II_Black_Gold_Wraparound_Burst_1_of_13.jpg

I want that red one...haha I actually messaged you on Reverb about it.

If Roxanne would be willing to share any "secrets" (lighting, getting that black backdrop, etc.) I am all ears ;~))
She uses a Cannon camera . The backdrop is black velvet cloth, the floor and side walls are a gray indoor/outdoor carpet. She uses 2 camera lights that have a white screen tent type of enclosure (B&H Camera) and lastly a rectangle cardboard box covered in aluminum foil. The camera stand, are all black matte. After the photos are done, she imports them into "LightRoom" and tweaks the photos to match the color as best she can. She has gotten really good at that. BTW... we never

Have fun ! It's a journey. She has experimented lots to find the right settings.
If Roxanne would be willing to share any "secrets" (lighting, getting that black backdrop, etc.) I am all ears ;~))

I sent you a PM

She uses a Cannon camera . The backdrop is black velvet cloth, the floor and side walls are a gray indoor/outdoor carpet. She uses 2 camera lights that have a white screen tent type of enclosure (B&H Camera) and lastly a rectangle cardboard box covered in aluminum foil. The camera stand, are all black matte. After the photos are done, she imports them into "LightRoom" and tweaks the photos to match the color as best she can. She has gotten really good at that. BTW... we never

Have fun ! It's a journey. She has experimented lots to find the right settings.

I sent you a PM
Cheers John, good tips. Here's my own effort from a couple of weeks ago.
Foa4O3o.jpeg

I didn't have all the gear. Just a black sheet for a background but not enough to fully isolate the guitar. I had to do a lot of masking in photolab after (my old copy of lightroom is not compatible with my new camera body). Alright for a one off but not something you'd want to do if doing it often

I sent you a PM
Thanks to you and Roxanne for this great info! Very much appreciated!! I will get some decent lights and give it a go!!!

Cheers John, good tips. Here's my own effort from a couple of weeks ago.
Foa4O3o.jpeg

I didn't have all the gear. Just a black sheet for a background but not enough to fully isolate the guitar. I had to do a lot of masking in photolab after (my old copy of lightroom is not compatible with my new camera body). Alright for a one off but not something you'd want to do if doing it often
NICE!!

Back