John Mann SE Phase II tuners

This is pretty embarrassing for me to be asking now, considering I've had the tuners on for about a month, so be gentle! But aside from the appropriate side, does it matter which position each tuner is installed?

The reason I ask now is that I happened to see a YouTube video the other day that referenced putting the tuners in the specific location depending on string.

As long as the tuners are not staggered, than no.

You sir are a true gentleman...I'll tell the friend I was asking for that he owes you one...:D

Thanks, Eddie. I believe that they are not staggered. I have a PRS SE Custom 24.

They are not staggered. You can put them wherever, as long as they're on the correct side. I put a set of staggered tuners on a strat a bunch of years ago. I wasn't aware they were staggered when I started. Needless to say, I had to do them more than once........:oops:

They are not staggered. You can put them wherever, as long as they're on the correct side. I put a set of staggered tuners on a strat a bunch of years ago. I wasn't aware they were staggered when I started. Needless to say, I had to do them more than once........:oops:
THANKS!

I purchased a set of Mann SE Phase II tuners and haven't had any issues. I will say that they are a little pricey, but if you want the genuine USA PRS look then they're worth it.

Absolutely worth it. Holy cow, the restringing process alone makes them worth every penny!

I agree. I just went finger tight and didn't use a coin or anything as I didn't want to overtighten. I have no experience with locking tuners, but finger tight worked well. How about you?

I agree. I just went finger tight and didn't use a coin or anything as I didn't want to overtighten. I have no experience with locking tuners, but finger tight worked well. How about you?
Same. In fact, this reminds me that I need to order another set for my nephew's guitar (I am the designated string changer for him).

A wise man learns from his mistakes, but a smart man learns from the wise mans mistakes. By not making the same mistakes, he becomes both wise AND smart....Thats what I heard anyway...I dunno...

Seriously though, good lookin out! Thanks bro!

I purchased a set of Mann SE Phase II tuners and haven't had any issues. I will say that they are a little pricey, but if you want the genuine USA PRS look then they're worth it.
If you look at quality locking tuners, they're not pricey. If you want to got cheap Chinese, then yeah. The look is nice, but the way they work is nicer.

Back