John Cordy plays my 53/10 limited

Tone-y

John has a YouTube channel where he talks gear - pedals, amps, modellers, guitars etc. Discusses technique, breaks down parts of songs, or just plays a nice tune for the hell of it.

He lives about an hour from me and I've been suggesting he borrows my PRS for a little while. Anyway, this past week my family have been for a mini break and it involved driving past where he lives. So in amongst all the luggage and toys for the kids I packed my beloved 53/10 limited to drop off with him on the way.

Here is the first video in which he plays it.
Skip to 6 minutes 42 seconds.

I'm sure they'll be more videos and when they appear I'll add them to this post. In the mean time though, if there's anything any of you want to hear from a set of 53/10 pickups - style, tone, amp model etc, let me know and I'll pass it on to John and see if he can come up with anything

New video

59 Baseman sounds (kemper)

With a 1970 Vox AC30

Fender champ
Skip to 14.24 for the PRS

Last edited:
Sounds great! Still have that model on my 'want' list.

As I say here every chance I get, if you're looking for a traditional, PAF-ish sound, IMO the 53/10s are the best set of pickups to ever come out of PRS.

thks supported him by getting the stomp patches, I'll have a look through

nice prs!

Another great share @Tone-y and the quilt on that guitar catches my eye every time.

There’s a couple of people here that know why.:D

Love it. From a fellow 53/10 limited owner!

John has dropped the guitar back off with me. I haven't played it for over a month now and the instant I plugged it in reminded me of what a quality instrument it is.

Love it. Subscribed to his channel and bought his Helix preset bundle! Only downside to the video is I’m reminded once again what a mistake it was to sell my J Mascis JM. I miss that guitar A LOT! But my son got the new cymbals needed for his drum kit so it’s not a total loss.

Sounds amazing!!! Thanks for sharing, just subscribed!

Back