John 5 playing a Hello Kitty guitar

He is so talented! Saw him solo a couple years ago with The Creatures...he has so much diversity in his playing. Catch him if you can...I think he's on tour now.

He is so talented! Saw him solo a couple years ago with The Creatures...he has so much diversity in his playing. Catch him if you can...I think he's on tour now.

He is on tour and playing as well as ever. I've seen every one of his solo shows here - he loves the Hard Rock here even though it's not the best place to watch a show. But I put up with it if it means seeing him. The new live album is good, too. He's added a Metallica cover to the set, and updated the medley at the end a bit.

He is awesome! I've seen him twice. He doesn't seem to care where it is, as long as he's playing. Both venues were pretty small. Couple a hundred max capacity. If he's close, I'm going.

He’s so great. I never thought much of him, the only reason I knew of him was through Marilyn Manson, and then I found out he had a signature guitar, so I looked him up on YouTube, and was blown away.

He’s like the Randy Rhodes of Marilyn Manson, except still alive.

He is awesome! I've seen him twice. He doesn't seem to care where it is, as long as he's playing. Both venues were pretty small. Couple a hundred max capacity. If he's close, I'm going.

He's said he prefers the smaller places because he can get closer to people.

He’s so great. I never thought much of him, the only reason I knew of him was through Marilyn Manson, and then I found out he had a signature guitar, so I looked him up on YouTube, and was blown away.

He’s like the Randy Rhodes of Marilyn Manson, except still alive.

The list of people he's worked with is mind-boggling.

He was with kd lang before Manson. He's written with Kiss, David Lee Roth...and Skynyrd. He was in a band with Rob Halford (two).

Simply amazing guy.

He's said he prefers the smaller places because he can get closer to people.

The list of people he's worked with is mind-boggling.

He was with kd lang before Manson. He's written with Kiss, David Lee Roth...and Skynyrd. He was in a band with Rob Halford (two).

Simply amazing guy.

Absolutely. Did the meet and greet when I saw him...talked to us like we had been long time friends. Very grounded and appreciative...Dude looks like he's totally enjoying life!

Absolutely. Did the meet and greet when I saw him...talked to us like we had been long time friends. Very grounded and appreciative...Dude looks like he's totally enjoying life!

I heard him say on a podcast that he always stops for people who recognize him because he got blown off for autographs twice when he was a kid. Both guys who blew him off are friends of his now. One is Gene Simmons, and I can't remember the other. The interviewer asked him if he ever mentions it when he sees them, and he said, "Every. Single. Time."

I can't believe the dude has adult kids - his daughter just got married a month or so ago.

I heard him say on a podcast that he always stops for people who recognize him because he got blown off for autographs twice when he was a kid. Both guys who blew him off are friends of his now. One is Gene Simmons, and I can't remember the other. The interviewer asked him if he ever mentions it when he sees them, and he said, "Every. Single. Time."

I can't believe the dude has adult kids - his daughter just got married a month or so ago.

Living proof that you can grow up watching "Hee Haw" and grow up to be a down to earth guitar virtuoso.

Yep. When I read the interviews he gave and he mentioned watching Hee Haw with his Grandparents, I immediately bonded. It's how I grew up. Didn't play until well after, but the "Lawrence Welk-Hee Haw Polka "loomed large" in my upbringing.

Back