Joe Walsh Signature???

Just to chime in here in response to this:
Plain Maple tops (non 10 tops) are not currently a Wood Library option so no dealers can order them.

The tops on the Joe Walsh LTDs are considered 'Premium' tops. PRS is saying these are higher than a 10 top, but not quite Artist.
So, lets call it somewhere in between.
A Wood Library Singlecut 594 with a Black Paisley Hardshell case is $4,770
Lets add in the 10 top WL upcharge at $345 and then half an artist top at $170. A total of $515 for the top.
That puts a Wood Library Singlecut with a top similar to a Joe Walsh top and Black Paisley case at $5,285 MAP. Lets round it up to $5,300
At $6,550 the Walsh is $1,250 more. An insanely reasonable deal for a 200 piece Limited with hand signatures and stainless frets.

Brian, are we looking at the same guitar ? :p

https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/mccarty_594_singlecut_joe_walsh_limited

PRS describes the top as 'figured top' and that first picture of them is consistent with that, which is to say something more like a non-10 top.
I agree though that what Joe's is holding on the Youtube thumbnail is very nice looking, but that's not what PRS is listing in the specs and showing on their webpage at the moment.

Almost - but has SS Frets and a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard - add in the Joe Walsh signature (and his 'cut') and the fact its limited to just 200 units too all add up. You can argue that the 'Graveyard' is 'just' a regular 594 and you can buy a regular core, non 10-top in a very similar looking colour for a LOT less.

However, everyone has their own idea on whether or not any guitar is worth the asking price or whether or not, something cheaper will be 'close enough'. For some people, the specs, the association or story behind the guitar, the limited numbers etc etc are more than enough to justify purchasing. If you aren't quick to decide, you may not have the option to own one of these as they will be Sold out...

IDK, I can understand the Graveyard PRS guitar because its a completely unique fretboard design, top, and back. But this one, barring those small things above, is basically just a 594 with a signature on it. When I think of signature guitars, I think of Adam Jones' 1979 Les Paul replica that was recently released, or a Tremonti. Those are unique guitars and actually have the specs those guys use. Not trying to hate on PRS, but this is just a repackaged 594. You can easily find 594's going for less than half of this.

Guess my point is, they could have at least put in some sort of signature pickup, neck profile, or something to differentiate it from a regular 594.

Brian, are we looking at the same guitar ? :p

https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/mccarty_594_singlecut_joe_walsh_limited

PRS describes the top as 'figured top' and that first picture of them is consistent with that, which is to say something more like a non-10 top.
I agree though that what Joe's is holding on the Youtube thumbnail is very nice looking, but that's not what PRS is listing in the specs and showing on their webpage at the moment.
Right, and I agree it’s a little vague, but what I said about the top is is accurate.
Also, let’s be honest here...this is PRS, would the assumption really be plain tops?

Thanks for the concern but I'm quite in touch with market:
- a Gibson Custom Shop LP with Brazilian fingerboard is $8.8k MAP, like this one:
https://davesguitar.com/products/gi...-les-paul-standard-brazilian-crimson-burst-7/
With a 'standard' fingerboard it's more like $7-$7.5k.

The PRS Joe W LTD edition is a bargain compared to either.

- $5.7k wouldn't have been MAP two years for a WL 594 two years ago. The dealer inflated the listing price, hence your impressively lower (and great) final price.
Even an Artist top, EIR neck, and BZRW fingerboard would not have pushed MAP that high two years ago.
As this time it's more like $5.1k MAP for 10-top with BZRW fingerboard:
https://davesguitar.com/products/pa...swamp-ash-w-brazilian-wood-library-limited-5/

What you are getting on Joe's newly discovered love for a SC594 though is a plain top, which is a lot more like a sub-$4k MAP Core.

my dude, the MAP absolutely was $5700. It was a 594 semihollow with quilt artist top, solid IRW neck and a brazillian board. Lots of upcharges there.

see above, they will not have a plain top.

IDK, I can understand the Graveyard PRS guitar because its a completely unique fretboard design, top, and back. But this one, barring those small things above, is basically just a 594 with a signature on it. When I think of signature guitars, I think of Adam Jones' 1979 Les Paul replica that was recently released, or a Tremonti. Those are unique guitars and actually have the specs those guys use. Not trying to hate on PRS, but this is just a repackaged 594. You can easily find 594's going for less than half of this.

Guess my point is, they could have at least put in some sort of signature pickup, neck profile, or something to differentiate it from a regular 594.

You're thinking of the GY II. He was talking about the GY I.

this is PRS, would the assumption really be plain tops?

Well, they sure accidentally went out of their way to describe it as a standard top.
"Carved Figured Maple" is the same exact terminology they use on their site for the base tops of the Core line.
The top on their reference picture looks unimpressive compared to most 10-tops. Some 'figured tops' look similar or better (not the majority of them though)

So good to know it's supposed to be a more figured top.

Last edited:
my dude, the MAP absolutely was $5700. It was a 594 semihollow with quilt artist top, solid IRW neck and a brazillian board. Lots of upcharges there.

see above, they will not have a plain top.

My dude, you're comparing apple to oranges then.
Do you want to compare it to an Artist top Hollowbody II Wood Library with EIR neck and BZRW fingerboard ? Those are close to $7k these days.

"see above, they will not have a plain top". Well, see explanation as to why there is obvious confusion there.

My dude, you're comparing apple to oranges then.
Do you want to compare it to an Artist top Hollowbody II Wood Library with EIR neck and BZRW fingerboard ? Those are close to $7k these days.

"see above, they will not have a plain top". Well, see explanation as to why there is obvious confusion there.

my point was about those kinds of great deals you were talking about being achievable a couple years ago but they aren't now coz nobody can keep stuff in stock and PRSes back order is so long. The exact specs of the guitar weren't the point.

Wtf happened to this forum? When did it become a breeding ground for whiny people complaining about MAP and acting like PRS is trying to screw over the customer? What’s next? Is someone going to start asking questions about why the 594 they bought second hand from a crappy picture online doesn’t meet their expectations to replace an authentic guitar they bought when they were 20 years old for less money, but they regrettably had to sell because they needed money for their dog’s cancer treatment?
That was the best f’n guitar video I have seen in ages. The dude loves that guitar. He put out a limited number of a slightly tweaked version of what so many people already love. Celebrate it and get one if you think it’s right for you. And nobody is going to complain if you don’t. Nobody is going to complain if you buy something else.

my point was about those kinds of great deals you were talking about being achievable a couple years ago but they aren't now coz nobody can keep stuff in stock and PRSes back order is so long. The exact specs of the guitar weren't the point.

Can't say I've seen much of a difference in recent months though :p

All of you have overlooked the most obvious feature of this guitar.... The thickness of the body. I should not have to explain how critical that is. This back, screw the top is way thicker than core, likely not on a PS, unless you order it that way.

I like the idea of BRW and Stainless frets. Not sure about paying a premium for the Walsh connection but that’s part of the deal.

I probably won’t

Well, they sure accidentally went out of their way to make describe it as a standard top.
"Carved Figured Maple" is the same exact terminology they use on their site for the base tops of the Core line.
The top on their reference picture looks unimpressive compared to most 10-tops. Some 'figured tops' look similar or better (not the majority of them though)

So good to know it's supposed to be a more figured top.
I was thinking the same about the top. MY SE245 veneer almost looks nicer than the one shown.

All of you have overlooked the most obvious feature of this guitar.... The thickness of the body. I should not have to explain how critical that is. This back, screw the top is way thicker than core, likely not on a PS, unless you order it that way.

you think the body is thicker than a core 594SC? Didn't look like it was fo me? But that'd be a nice touch if so.

Curious about the nitro finish and if it will be similar to the nitro on my S2 594 that already is checking on the back and designed to age quickly. Love the feel of it. It’s labeled “Thin Nitro Finish” and honestly a huge reason I grabbed it
https://briansguitars.com/products/...otype-whale-blue?_pos=11&_sid=55473b016&_ss=r

I see they mention gloss cracking nitro for the Joe Walsh. Wonder if that’s a different nitro finish

Back