Joe Walsh Signature???

No, it's $6550: https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...4-singlecut-joe-walsh-limited-edition-1230337

And while some of us are debating whether this guitar is "worth it" or not, I'm sure all 200 will sell out in no time.

EDIT:

BTW $6550 isn't much more than a Wood Library, which you'd have to get in order to get a Brazillian board anyway. And then on top of that it has several private stock features:

- Stainless steel frets
- Vintage nitro finish
- Actual signature from Paul

Plus of course Joe's signature, which doesn't mean much to most of us but definitely means something to the intended audience for this guitar.

And I think having Joe Walsh say "This is better than anything Gibson is making." in so many words is worth a lot to PRS in terms of reputation. Some die hard LP people may give a 594 a chance as a result of this endorsement.

I'm not getting one, I don't like SS frets and I have an R9 and the 594 Graveyard already, so I'm all set. But I don't see any reason to really doubt if this guitar is "worth it". I think they would have sold out at $10k.

$6500 is super reasonable comparatively speaking

I love PRS, but this guitar makes no sense to me. Its almost exactly the same guitar as a regular 594, but supposedly like $6,000+. Why not just buy a regular 594? The only difference I can tell is the headstock and supposedly the frets, but that doesn't warrant the extra charge.

Almost - but has SS Frets and a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard - add in the Joe Walsh signature (and his 'cut') and the fact its limited to just 200 units too all add up. You can argue that the 'Graveyard' is 'just' a regular 594 and you can buy a regular core, non 10-top in a very similar looking colour for a LOT less.

However, everyone has their own idea on whether or not any guitar is worth the asking price or whether or not, something cheaper will be 'close enough'. For some people, the specs, the association or story behind the guitar, the limited numbers etc etc are more than enough to justify purchasing. If you aren't quick to decide, you may not have the option to own one of these as they will be Sold out...

I'm not personally interested as I'm not a fan of SS frets but I can see the appeal. It's a nice looking guitar and quite a bit less than the Gibson Joe Walsh Les Paul is selling for on the used market. I'll be curious how quickly these sell.

On a related note, it got me looking at SC 594s. Maybe PRS will sell an extra guitar due to this release.

Hmm 2K uncharge for BR board , SS frets and a Joe Walsh Sig , I am wondering what the 58/15+ pickups are ?
I'm sure its a nice guitar but not for me. even tho I love Joe Walsh.
I suppose compared to a 58 or 59 LP this is a bargain :)
For me I would get a stock 594 Single cut and a Silver Sky, but I can be a cheap ass :)

I find it funny we're trying to justify the price.

No, $6550 is not like a 594 Wood Library, not even close. Unless:
- we mean the WL runs from stores who inflate MAP by 10-20% (yes, they do exist even on this forum).
- a WL with plain figuring top which nobody ever does, but if they did they'd be sub $5k MAP. Remember, only Joe is getting an Artist/PS grade top on his, we aren't.

Then consider that most WL don't sell at MAP but this limited edition likely will.
Overall that makes this guitar easily $2.5-3k more expensive than a comparable guitar (or a 10-top 594 wood library SC594 with BZRW fingerboard for that matter).
It may be worth the two gold sharpie signatures and SS frets to some, and that's cool.
Will it sell out ? Probably, almost everything sells out these days anyways.

Again brilliant marketing release IMO, no question about that. I can however see why some think it was a belated April's fool release.

For comparison, the 2013 Gibson Custom Shop Joe Walsh Les Paul Signature came in three flavors. 125 were with the VOS finish (I have one of these), 75 were Tom Murphy aged, and the remaining 50 were Murphy aged and signed. The signed ones asking prices are now in five figures, as well as at least one aged one. I wonder how these will fare with all 200 signed.

- we mean the WL runs from stores who inflate MAP by 10-20% (yes, they do exist even on this forum).
- a WL with plain figuring top which nobody ever does, but if they did they'd be sub $5k MAP. Remember, only Joe is getting an Artist/PS grade top on his, we aren't.

Then consider that most WL don't sell at MAP but this limited edition likely will.
Overall that makes this guitar easily $2.5-3k more expensive than a comparable guitar (or a 10-top 594 wood library SC594 with BZRW fingerboard for that matter).
It may be worth the two gold sharpie signatures and SS frets to some, and that's cool.

Again brilliant marketing release IMO, no question about that. I can however see why some think it was a belated April's fool release.

Brazillian boards are getting quite hard to come by, even with PRS who have usually been more liberal with them than others. I just searched Reverb for "594 brazillian" and literally only one listing came up; a 2018 used wood library which is asking $4500 used. And they will probably get it.

two years ago i got a brand new $5700 MAP wood library 594 with a brazillian board for $3999. Those days are over, though.

This really isn't that unreasonable if you're actually in touch with the current market. They will all sell very fast. If they were Gibsons they would be $15k

Just to chime in here in response to this:
Plain Maple tops (non 10 tops) are not currently a Wood Library option so no dealers can order them.

The tops on the Joe Walsh LTDs are considered 'Premium' tops. PRS is saying these are higher than a 10 top, but not quite Artist.
So, lets call it somewhere in between.
A Wood Library Singlecut 594 with a Black Paisley Hardshell case is $4,770
Lets add in the 10 top WL upcharge at $345 and then half an artist top at $170. A total of $515 for the top.
That puts a Wood Library Singlecut with a top similar to a Joe Walsh top and Black Paisley case at $5,285 MAP. Lets round it up to $5,300
At $6,550 the Walsh is $1,250 more. An insanely reasonable deal for a 200 piece Limited with hand signatures and stainless frets.

It's Pretty ... :)

I figured $10K, but its only $6.55K , heck I've seen several Brand G's for that ...

I'd just like to be the kind of guy, that could think about spending that much ... on a guitar ..

And no one has commented on the tuners ... :D

Brazillian boards are getting quite hard to come by, even with PRS who have usually been more liberal with them than others. I just searched Reverb for "594 brazillian" and literally only one listing came up; a 2018 used wood library which is asking $4500 used. And they will probably get it.

two years ago i got a brand new $5700 MAP wood library 594 with a brazillian board for $3999. Those days are over, though.

This really isn't that unreasonable if you're actually in touch with the current market. They will all sell very fast. If they were Gibsons they would be $15k

Thanks for the concern but I'm quite in touch with market:
- a Gibson Custom Shop LP with Brazilian fingerboard is $8.8k MAP, like this one:
https://davesguitar.com/products/gi...-les-paul-standard-brazilian-crimson-burst-7/
With a 'standard' fingerboard it's more like $7-$7.5k.

The PRS Joe W LTD edition is a bargain compared to either.

- $5.7k wouldn't have been MAP two years for a WL 594. The dealer inflated the listing price, hence your impressively lower (and great) final price.
Even an Artist top, EIR neck, and BZRW fingerboard would not have pushed MAP that high two years ago.
As this time it's more like $5.1k MAP for 10-top with BZRW fingerboard:
https://davesguitar.com/products/pa...swamp-ash-w-brazilian-wood-library-limited-5/

What you are getting on Joe's newly discovered love for a SC594 though is a plain top, which is a lot more like a sub-$4k MAP Core.

Last edited:
Back