Joe Walsh Signature???

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Wakester, Apr 27, 2021.

1. docteurseb

docteurseb New Member

Brian, are we looking at the same guitar ? :p

https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/mccarty_594_singlecut_joe_walsh_limited

PRS describes the top as 'figured top' and that first picture of them is consistent with that, which is to say something more like a non-10 top.
    I agree though that what Joe's is holding on the Youtube thumbnail is very nice looking, but that's not what PRS is listing in the specs and showing on their webpage at the moment.

2. JJDon

JJDon New Member

IDK, I can understand the Graveyard PRS guitar because its a completely unique fretboard design, top, and back. But this one, barring those small things above, is basically just a 594 with a signature on it. When I think of signature guitars, I think of Adam Jones' 1979 Les Paul replica that was recently released, or a Tremonti. Those are unique guitars and actually have the specs those guys use. Not trying to hate on PRS, but this is just a repackaged 594. You can easily find 594's going for less than half of this.

Guess my point is, they could have at least put in some sort of signature pickup, neck profile, or something to differentiate it from a regular 594.

3. Brian G

Brian G Authorized PRS Dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

Right, and I agree it’s a little vague, but what I said about the top is is accurate.
    Also, let’s be honest here...this is PRS, would the assumption really be plain tops?

4. Cheddar Kung Pao

Cheddar Kung Pao New Member

my dude, the MAP absolutely was $5700. It was a 594 semihollow with quilt artist top, solid IRW neck and a brazillian board. Lots of upcharges there.

see above, they will not have a plain top.

5. Cheddar Kung Pao

You're thinking of the GY II. He was talking about the GY I.

6. docteurseb

docteurseb New Member

Well, they sure accidentally went out of their way to describe it as a standard top.
    "Carved Figured Maple" is the same exact terminology they use on their site for the base tops of the Core line.
    The top on their reference picture looks unimpressive compared to most 10-tops. Some 'figured tops' look similar or better (not the majority of them though)

So good to know it's supposed to be a more figured top.

#66 docteurseb, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Wakester likes this.
  7. docteurseb

docteurseb New Member

My dude, you're comparing apple to oranges then.
    Do you want to compare it to an Artist top Hollowbody II Wood Library with EIR neck and BZRW fingerboard ? Those are close to $7k these days.

"see above, they will not have a plain top". Well, see explanation as to why there is obvious confusion there.

8. Cheddar Kung Pao

my point was about those kinds of great deals you were talking about being achievable a couple years ago but they aren't now coz nobody can keep stuff in stock and PRSes back order is so long. The exact specs of the guitar weren't the point.

9. Stephen J.

Stephen J. New Member

Wtf happened to this forum? When did it become a breeding ground for whiny people complaining about MAP and acting like PRS is trying to screw over the customer? What’s next? Is someone going to start asking questions about why the 594 they bought second hand from a crappy picture online doesn’t meet their expectations to replace an authentic guitar they bought when they were 20 years old for less money, but they regrettably had to sell because they needed money for their dog’s cancer treatment?
    That was the best f’n guitar video I have seen in ages. The dude loves that guitar. He put out a limited number of a slightly tweaked version of what so many people already love. Celebrate it and get one if you think it’s right for you. And nobody is going to complain if you don’t. Nobody is going to complain if you buy something else.

bodia, DISTORT6, grausch and 10 others like this.
  10. docteurseb

docteurseb New Member

Can't say I've seen much of a difference in recent months though :p

11. Audie

Audie a.k.a. Charlie

All of you have overlooked the most obvious feature of this guitar.... The thickness of the body. I should not have to explain how critical that is. This back, screw the top is way thicker than core, likely not on a PS, unless you order it that way.

bodia and dogrocketp like this.
  12. Slow Dog Noodle

Slow Dog Noodle New Member

This guitar was perfect right out of the box.

Now get off my lawn.

13. tdarian

tdarian Searching for the sound

I like the idea of BRW and Stainless frets. Not sure about paying a premium for the Walsh connection but that’s part of the deal.

I probably won’t

14. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Yes, better.
    I forgot about it.

Alnus Rubra and ScottR like this.
  15. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

same joe walsh from sabrina the teenaged witch? and zinc bridge??? why not faux zinc

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  16. Wakester

Wakester Re Member

I was thinking the same about the top. MY SE245 veneer almost looks nicer than the one shown.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  17. Cheddar Kung Pao

you think the body is thicker than a core 594SC? Didn't look like it was fo me? But that'd be a nice touch if so.

18. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

I’m not defending the Walsh tops, but there’s no excuse for veneer not looking good.

#78 11top, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  19. Broseph

Broseph PRS 22 Fret Fren

Curious about the nitro finish and if it will be similar to the nitro on my S2 594 that already is checking on the back and designed to age quickly. Love the feel of it. It’s labeled “Thin Nitro Finish” and honestly a huge reason I grabbed it
    https://briansguitars.com/products/...otype-whale-blue?_pos=11&_sid=55473b016&_ss=r

I see they mention gloss cracking nitro for the Joe Walsh. Wonder if that’s a different nitro finish

dogrocketp likes this.
  20. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

Bjork FTW!!!

Alnus Rubra and dogrocketp like this.