Joe Walsh Ltds. fly off shelves fast.

Rockmark

So I've been keeping my eye on these since the launch. Should I? Shouldn't I? So many guitars already. What to do. So now up till this week I decided if one with a very outstanding top that strikes me pops up I'll jump in. Last week 3 came up new at dealers. While I was examining the photos of the first it was sold while I looked. Ok, I said these are almost done and a few remaining ones being finished are trickling into a couple stores. Still looking a day later I spotted "the one". Grabbed it right away. Two days later I have spotted another and boom, gone the next day too. Moral of the story is some runs just take off like crazy and this was one of them so when the gas hits gotta move on it. I guess the US only got 96 of these so probably won't see another in the wild. If so, again, "gone in 60 seconds". And these are Keepers for sure!

RJK, congrats on that nice one. Great top for the run. I almost pulled the trigger on it but didn't want to be greedy w two. So I passed for someone else to enjoy. Turns out to be you!!!

i appreciate the opportunity to get this one. Thanks for passing on it. I will certainly enjoy it.

So i received mine. My initial reaction is - teeny tiny frets. Hopefully i can get used to them. They are definitely smaller than any other PRS i have. Very noticeable.

So i received mine. My initial reaction is - teeny tiny frets. Hopefully i can get used to them. They are definitely smaller than any other PRS i have. Very noticeable.
Tiny how? Height wise? Width? Both? That would be disappointing to me, most likely.

I've always wondered why PRS never mentions fret size in the guitar descriptions as it's one of the most critical components of a guitar. That would be terribly disappointing if they stuck low profile frets on that. It's my opinion that no fret on a modern guitar should be lower than .048 tall and even that is pretty small relatively speaking. Even Fender got out of the stone ages and started outfitting their production strats with 6105 type wire.

Tiny how? Height wise? Width? Both? That would be disappointing to me, most likely.

I've always wondered why PRS never mentions fret size in the guitar descriptions as it's one of the most critical components of a guitar. That would be terribly disappointing if they stuck low profile frets on that. It's my opinion that no fret on a modern guitar should be lower than .048 tall and even that is pretty small relatively speaking. Even Fender got out of the stone ages and started outfitting their production strats with 6105 type wire.

See post 1, 72 (page 3), 85 and 86 in this thread. Fret pics, comments, and measurement.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/ngd-jw-ltd.48120/

height is definitely low relative to any other PRS i have. And i have many different models.

Not sure about width.

This may work well for a pro like Joe. For me? The jury is out.

OOH!!!
Does this guitar make you sound like Joe Walsh?

:p

i think you missed my comment entirely. At my skill level narrow shallow frets don’t work well. And such fretwork is not the norm for PRS across the entire line.

When I read this, I for some reason thought of Joe Pesci in Wise Guys. 'Tiny how? Am I short to you? Like some sort of little person here to amuse you tiny? Huh? Tell me how I'm Tiny':D:D:D
“They f*** you at the drive thru!”

Different movie, same guy. Now I want to watch the Lethal Weapon series.

BTW, narrow/shallow frets make for a fantastic slide guitar. But Joe knows nothing about that stuff. :rolleyes:

height is definitely low relative to any other PRS i have. And i have many different models.

Not sure about width.

This may work well for a pro like Joe. For me? The jury is out.

Compliments of Tosca

BnghOEo.jpg

Back