Joe Bonamassa Rig Rundown

I know he's a polarizing guy, but I love that he buys guitars to play and not just hoard away. His past rig rundowns have a bunch of other nice vintage pieces.

I like him for the same reason. Not a fan of his music or choice in gear at all but dude is passionate.

I like him for the same reason. Not a fan of his music or choice in gear at all but dude is passionate.

His humor on this one is great, saying things along the lines of "people want to hear me overplay over blues rock changes."

My favorite Joe stuff is when he's a band member: Bloodline, Black Country Communion, and his collabs with Beth Hart.

His humor on this one is great, saying things along the lines of "people want to hear me overplay over blues rock changes."

That's good to know, I'll give it a watch. I like his personality, which I know is a reason a ton of peeps dislike him.

I know he's a polarizing guy, but I love that he buys guitars to play and not just hoard away. His past rig rundowns have a bunch of other nice vintage pieces.

Totally agree with this!

That's good to know, I'll give it a watch. I like his personality, which I know is a reason a ton of peeps dislike him.

See, I never got all of the hate. Just don't get it.

See, I never got all of the hate. Just don't get it.

Me neither, man. Same with Mayer for me. Maybe it's because both of these guys are only a couple years older than I am and I would totally do what either of them is doing if I could.

I was into Joe way back when he was in Bloodline, so I've followed him since long before he became "Joe Bonamassa" with the shades and suits and $100k guitars on stage.

I remember being disappointed when he switched from mainly playing Fender to Gibson. His earlier Gibson tones weren't great. He's come a long way.

Me neither, man. Same with Mayer for me. Maybe it's because both of these guys are only a couple years older than I am and I would totally do what either of them is doing if I could.

I was into Joe way back when he was in Bloodline, so I've followed him since long before he became "Joe Bonamassa" with the shades and suits and $100k guitars on stage.

I remember being disappointed when he switched from mainly playing Fender to Gibson. His earlier Gibson tones weren't great. He's come a long way.

I think the same way about Mayer, as well. And, I'm right with ya on going back to the Bloodline days. I like his stuff these days better than what he was doing 10 years ago. Saw him once, on the Dust Bowl tour. He rocked a John Petrucci Music Man for a couple of songs. Seriously good show.

For you amp hounds out there, Joe touches on the crux of playing big amps at big volume at about 27:00. It’s what made me fall to my knees when I first experienced a big Doug Sewell creation in all its glory. Sure, there are few places that I could play even a 2x12 at the thunderous volume my amp can create, but when you do, well, let’s just say, it’s good that a low-slung guitar covers the front of your pants to save you from an embarrassing reaction to the power and the glory of a big amp. :cool:

For me, he seems uncomfortable on stage and wears shades for a confidence boost! Of course he doesn’t need this.

I’d like to see him cast aside the stage image (ala BCC) and make it about the music. The blues doesn’t need a slick image, unless it’s a purple sequinned jump suit, then that would be acceptable!:D

Back