JM Silver Sky Tone knobs wearing out after 2 months of use?

Eden Dinar

Hey guys! Just wanted to get some friendly advice from any other JMSS owners or even other PRS owners who have maybe had this issue in the past?

Bought this beautiful SS about two months ago from thomann paid (20,000 DKK) (3000 USD), and got it shipped from Germany to Denmark. I play in a band, haven't had any live shows because of the whole COVID-19 situtation, so it has seen little to NO use, just home practice. But as you can see in the photo below, the damn volume knob is wearing off already??? I have a Fender Squier which ive had for YEARS and theres never been any issues with it. Is this normal? Is a defect? is it intended? What would you suggest be done? I do NOT want to send it back to germany for a warranty claim.

102962664-619155189000131-3574985156324229120-n.jpg

101328893-541882663173658-9098813892166942720-n.jpg

This happened to me as well with the volume and tone knobs. Just contact customer service they will take care of you. I ended up selling mine, but not for that reason!

Yeah, well, my knob is really worn out. Got hairy palms, but was hoping the SS would last a bit longer

About 35 years ago, I went to see Dr. Ruth Wertheimer speak at college. As she was starting, they brought the house lights down and she stopped and kind of yelled, "No! Please leave the lights up." So they brought them up. She said, "There are two reasons I never have the lights down when I speak. The first is that I want to see who I'm speaking to, and who's asking me questions. I'll tell you the second reason later."

She went on with her speech. After some time, she started talking about <FamilyForumMode ON> self-pleasuring <FamilyForumMode OFF> and said, "There are a lot of myths about this subject - it will make you blind, it will make you insane, you'll grow hair on your palms...THERE!!! That's the second reason I like to keep the lights on when I speak, because as soon as I say the pit about hairy palms, someone looks at their hands. And tonight it was you!!!!" And she nodded towards someone. I have little doubt that no one actually looked at their hands, but it was a very effective moment and broke a lot of tension in the room.

Another great moment was when she told people she would take questions. She pointed out the microphones and said just line up there, "Everyone is welcome. There's no judgement, and I won't tolerate harassment of a speaker. You're free to speak your mind, whether you like me or not. Everyone is welcome. Well, that's not true. There is one person I will never allow to the microphone, and that's my husband. I won't allow him because I won't censor anyone, and he would just say, 'Don't listen to her - she's all talk.'"

About 35 years ago, I went to see Dr. Ruth Wertheimer speak at college. As she was starting, they brought the house lights down and she stopped and kind of yelled, "No! Please leave the lights up." So they brought them up. She said, "There are two reasons I never have the lights down when I speak. The first is that I want to see who I'm speaking to, and who's asking me questions. I'll tell you the second reason later."

She went on with her speech. After some time, she started talking about <FamilyForumMode ON> self-pleasuring <FamilyForumMode OFF> and said, "There are a lot of myths about this subject - it will make you blind, it will make you insane, you'll grow hair on your palms...THERE!!! That's the second reason I like to keep the lights on when I speak, because as soon as I say the pit about hairy palms, someone looks at their hands. And tonight it was you!!!!" And she nodded towards someone. I have little doubt that no one actually looked at their hands, but it was a very effective moment and broke a lot of tension in the room.

Another great moment was when she told people she would take questions. She pointed out the microphones and said just line up there, "Everyone is welcome. There's no judgement, and I won't tolerate harassment of a speaker. You're free to speak your mind, whether you like me or not. Everyone is welcome. Well, that's not true. There is one person I will never allow to the microphone, and that's my husband. I won't allow him because I won't censor anyone, and he would just say, 'Don't listen to her - she's all talk.'"
Now I can collaborate this as when I was at PSU in the 80's Dr. Ruth did a lecture at the Eisenhower Auditorium which I attended....you weren't there by chance Alan, were you ?

Same issue here and my blade switch has a tiny brea, too. I did contact PRS customer support.

Back