Jersey Boys (and Girls)

tiboy

Borrowing from Hans' thread, how about a Soprano's State roll call.
Jersey born and breed and still here in Hunterdon County.

I have to drive through Jersey from time to time, you know - being from NY and all :cool: :lol:

Born and raised in South Jersey (Camden County), but now live over in Philly after a brief stint in Denver. ;)

tiboy said:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with Hunterdon County, but I have a dear friend living in Bergen County. It is really beautiful there.

Shawn@PRS said:
tiboy said:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with Hunterdon County, but I have a dear friend living in Bergen County. It is really beautiful there.

I'm from Bergen County, NJ. I've been here for 40 years and I truly love it.
15mins to NYC
3hrs to Wildwood and Cape May

Lived in NJ long enough for alot of it to "rub off". Moved there from my birthplace, San Diego, CA back in 1963 when I was 9 and thought it was warm and sunny everywhere. I was incoorect about the weather, but..experienced The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show from NJ (Emerson, Bergen County) and that changed a few things right there. Moved away and back again (Mendham, Morris County) for my last year of HS and in that school's first graduating class in 1972. I still have a brother & sister in the Mendham area where signs that say "George Washington Slept Here" are not kidding.

Oh, and Go JETS! The real qualifier!

I'm long overdue for a visit.

Grew up in NW Jersey next to Pennsyltucky, now I'm smack in the middle of NJ...

Lotsa authorized PRS dealers...dangerous place...

Stu said:
Marlboro checking in.
Hey, Stu! How ya doing?
Your old PRS 4X12 is still kicking' ass! Sounds great with every amp.
Glad to see you here too. :mrgreen:

Carl

Dad was first generation Italian American. We lived in Jersey in the late '50's for a while in the Berlin area near Philly. Love going back to see my cousins and the Italian American culture.

hank

I was born in Brooklyn, lived in Tampa, back to Brooklyn, then NYC and finally for the last 15 years putting roots own here in Monmouth County. Specifically now in Long Branch 1/2 mile from the beach.
However I spent all my summers from age 10 and up in Bradley Beach and Asbury Park.
Fond memories of working on the boardwalk and watching Bruce Springsteen (when he was not yet an icon) stroll the boards and play and sing to nobody in particular.
Oh and getting to go backstage on all concerts at convention hall to all of the up and comming super groups...but that's a whole nuther story.

Gemal said:
I was born in Brooklyn, lived in Tampa, back to Brooklyn, then NYC and finally for the last 15 years putting roots own here in Monmouth County. Specifically now in Long Branch 1/2 mile from the beach.
However I spent all my summers from age 10 and up in Bradley Beach and Asbury Park.
Fond memories of working on the boardwalk and watching Bruce Springsteen (when he was not yet an icon) stroll the boards and play and sing to nobody in particular.
Oh and getting to go backstage on all concerts at convention hall to all of the up and comming super groups...but that's a whole nuther story.

My sister-in-law lived in Long Branch for about a year. I was there three times (twice w/the family or semblance thereof, once on my own). She lived right on the beach, in those condos behind the swim club that's next to Rooney's. The big thing for me was that it got me to Red Bank, Highlands, and some of the sites from the Kevin Smith movies. My solo trip was to see Smith in Red Bank. Very cool guy to meet, and extremely gracious. There was a meet and greet after, got a pic and took pics for a couple people. I was in maybe the first half of the line for pics. I was packing my stuff up after my pic and felt a tap on my shoulder - it was Kevin thanking me for coming out. Thought that was pretty cool.

With my sister-in-law gone, it's tougher to justify going out there, but my wife said, "I don't care if she moved, I'd go back."

Alan

Back