Jeff Beck Tour

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
Here you go...the Austin date is at an outdoor(uncovered) venue; not the best place with the weather risk. I saw Jeff the last time he rolled through Austin and Depp made his appearance; he spoiled the set, in my opinion. But Jeff does what he does, so in order to hear some of his catalog, you've got to take Johnny too...

Everyone should go dressed up as pirates, with parrots on their shoulders. Don’t know what Jeff Beck is doing hanging around with that a$$-hat. Beck’s talent is enough of a draw to get people to his shows.

I looked at getting tickets to this tour, but prices of all the shows in the area are a bit crazy to me. I mean, I can buy his whole catalog for the price of a ticket. I’ve seen him before and enjoyed it, but probably taking a pass this time around...for all the big acts.

Maybe I’ll go to Vegas in the fall and catch a couple of residencies. Still big money, but comfy seats in a modest sized venue I don’t have to pay $40 to park at.

Wait a sec...does this mean I’m suddenly old and crotchety?

I looked at getting tickets to this tour, but prices of all the shows in the area are a bit crazy to me. I mean, I can buy his whole catalog for the price of a ticket. I’ve seen him before and enjoyed it, but probably taking a pass this time around...for all the big acts.

Wait a sec...does this mean I’m suddenly old and crotchety?
Sadly, it does. Don't feel bad, I'm there, too.

opposI saw Jeff the last time he rolled through Austin and Depp made his appearance; he spoiled the s. et, in my opinion.
100% agree. Now, if you said Beck was joined by Carlos Santana or (insert your favorite guitarist) then sure. But, Johnny Depp? Come on, I'll bet I'm a better rhythm guitarist than Johnny Depp. Truthfully though, neither of us belongs on stage with Beck - he can handle a stage all by himself.
Everyone should go dressed up as pirates, with parrots on their shoulders. Don’t know what Jeff Beck is doing hanging around with that a$$-hat. Beck’s talent is enough of a draw to get people to his shows.
Another 100% agree. I've never had the chance to see him live, but I've seen a few of his concert videos. Man, the SOUNDS he coaxes from his guitar are otherworldly. Why oh why let Depp on stage with Jeff Fu@#ing Beck. I know they are supposedly buddies, but still. On stage? Sorry.
What did Johnny Depp ever do to you??? :)
Nothing at all, so I don't have any reason to take issue with him personally. I don't even give a crap about his personal escapades, I just oppose even the idea of Johnny Depp playing on stage with Jeff Beck. If someone has to appear on stage with Beck, how about Carlos? Or (insert favorite guitarist here).

I’ve seen Jeff about a dozen times, and he is THE Grand Master of “otherworldly sounds”, tones and unbelievably lyrical leads. He has always surrounded himself with amazing rhythm sections, and very orchestral keyboardists. During the 70’s he had some incredible bands, but they never worked out for him…for a variety of reasons. He has also done guest spots on many albums. Look up his catalog, it’s quite extensive. ( yes, I’m a lifelong fan! )
Having said all of that, if you want a preview of the current tour, YouTube has many European dates from the past few months, for your viewing perusal…it’s um, informative. The set is under an hour, and the ticket prices are pretty steep. Mr. Depp is a talented actor, and he shouldn’t quit his day job. I’m not slamming the guy, but he is definitely not a pro guitarist or vocalist, but I respect him for trying to do what he loves. Everyone will have their own opinion of course, but I have no plans to go see this show...unfortunately.

I didn't have anything against Depp until I viewed a YT video recently of him on stage with Jeff Beck! Shook my head in shame as his stage chops (guit or vox) are NOT, IMO, anywhere near the talent that is Beck!! Now if he could get Rod Stewart back in the band, I would go see that in a flash as he was the greatest vocalist I have ever heard on a Jeff Beck recording (but don't know if the pipes can still do what they used to do)!!!

Q: How many songs with vocals does Jeff Beck need to do per night?

A: F@cking Zero.

Maybe they’re just hangin’ out, doing some gigs to let JD find his center again. Maybe Jeff is a f@ckin homie?

Plus, Johnny has Bangin’! places to crash, friends, doesn’t need cash, probably brings random rich blonde women out by playing with him, staying at estates and on yachts on days off… fahk… it’s not about JD “deserving” the spot, it’s JB.

I didn't have anything against Depp until I viewed a YT video recently of him on stage with Jeff Beck! Shook my head in shame as his stage chops (guit or vox) are NOT, IMO, anywhere near the talent that is Beck!! Now if he could get Rod Stewart back in the band, I would go see that in a flash as he was the greatest vocalist I have ever heard on a Jeff Beck recording (but don't know if the pipes can still do what they used to do)!!!
Ok, I wondered why everyone kept slamming him, but I have never seen him play so I guess it's time I go looking.

That said, if he's even solid, how cool would it be to be Jeff Beck's buddy to the point he took you on tour with him?

Q: How many songs with vocals does Jeff Beck need to do per night?

A: F@cking Zero.

Maybe they’re just hangin’ out, doing some gigs to let JD find his center again. Maybe Jeff is a f@ckin homie?

Plus, Johnny has Bangin’! places to crash, friends, doesn’t need cash, probably brings random rich blonde women out by playing with him, staying at estates and on yachts on days off… fahk… it’s not about JD “deserving” the spot, it’s JB.
ugh, just because dicaprio is depressed and available doesn’t mean he has to be on the main stage, does it?

Back