Jeff Beck R.I.P. 1944-2023

No words,

except that sometimes you do stupid things and will live with the results for the rest of your life. I haven't seen Jeff in years, and he came to Cincinnati just a few weeks ago. I wanted to go, and couldn't find anyone to go with me. It was close to Christmas, etc. I decided to go by myself, and went to get a ticket and the ticket prices had gone up $35-50 over what I saw a week before. I got pissed and didn't go. Now, I want to punch someone from Ticketmaster in the mouth! :mad:

He was innovative. The last time I viewed him playing was the set at Ronnie Scott's club and I ended up watching it three times.

For those of you who don't know about Jeff Beck
Look Here
Incredible performance…watching it now…probably for the first of at least two viewings tonight. Looking at the faces of the other incredible musicians playing with Jeff, or in the audience, tells you everything you need to know about his astounding and unique talent.

Sh*t. Love Jeff Beck. I remember being about 12 (early '80s) and my older neighbor handing me Blow By Blow and Wired on vinyl and sending me home to experience them. It was mind expanding, for sure.

RIP Jeff, thanks for the tunes.

With news of these crushing musical losses coming one after another, “Blow by Blow” feels like the description for we who remain rather than a title of one of the greatest guitar recordings ever. Jeff influenced the 16 year old me to pick up guitar with his playing on that album, and I never stopped listening to him.

RIP Jeff Beck. The world will sorely miss your unique voice. Thank you for the shove…

Back