Jeff Beck & Johnny Depp in Nashville, IN last night

Mr. Depp must think he's died and gone to heaven playing with Beck.
How TF did he land that gig?

Sad thing is, Depp got the loudest welcome when he appeared half way through the concert. Although JB got plenty of love. And it was a sellout.

We stopped at a biker bar on the way to the concert, and some dude offered me $200 per ticket.

Sad thing is, Depp got the loudest welcome when he appeared half way through the concert. Although JB got plenty of love. And it was a sellout.

We stopped at a biker bar on the way to the concert, and some dude offered me $200 per ticket.
Interesting.
Trying to wrap my head around this duo, and how it came to be.
I mean, I can't see myself buying tix to see Depp alone.
Maybe I'm out of touch?

Interesting.
Trying to wrap my head around this duo, and how it came to be.
I mean, I can't see myself buying tix to see Depp alone.
Maybe I'm out of touch?

Maybe that’s why it’s so intriguing. When I bought the tickets, it was only advertised as Beck. Only later did the billing change to add Depp. I was fired up, but I believe it was for the very question you posed…..How (and why) can Johnny Depp play in a band with a legend, who many consider to be the GOAT?

Well, it was good that Beck played the first 45 minutes without him, but I have to say it was bizarre and entertaining when Depp joined him. Depp is nowhere near a great singer, and basically just played chords, but the last song (posted above) did get the juices flowing, and a ball and chain wouldn’t have prevented my foot tapping. I went to see a legend (again) AND to be entertained. Both boxes got checked.

Maybe that’s why it’s so intriguing. When I bought the tickets, it was only advertised as Beck. Only later did the billing change to add Depp. I was fired up, but I believe it was for the very question you posed…..How (and why) can Johnny Depp play in a band with a legend, who many consider to be the GOAT?

Well, it was good that Beck played the first 45 minutes without him, but I have to say it was bizarre and entertaining when Depp joined him. Depp is nowhere near a great singer, and basically just played chords, but the last song (posted above) did get the juices flowing, and a ball and chain wouldn’t have prevented my foot tapping. I went to see a legend (again) AND to be entertained. Both boxes got checked.

Going to a concert and enjoying yourself? What a concept! :oops:

In the end, the only person who's opinion of Depp's worthiness matters here is Beck's - if he's happy enough to have him, that's what counts.

Going to a concert and enjoying yourself? What a concept! :oops:

In the end, the only person who's opinion of Depp's worthiness matters here is Beck's - if he's happy enough to have him, that's what counts.
I agree, even though that's much of what was bending my mind.
We've all seen the pros bring newer players up for exposure. Santana is an example of that.
Somehow that doesn't seem to fit here.
Still don't get it.

I agree, even though that's much of what was bending my mind.
We've all seen the pros bring newer players up for exposure. Santana is an example of that.
Somehow that doesn't seem to fit here.
Still don't get it.

There were a sh*t ton of women there, which is often not the case for guitar slinger shows. And they reacted bonkers when Depp came out.

Back