Jason Kui On a SICK PRS!

Drew

I caught this on my Mesa Facebook feed today. Wow... PRS needs to focus on players like this. He aint no doctor or lawyer! I'm assuming he's playing a private stock and its gorgeous! The tone is unreal too. PRS and Mesa is a great combo.

Jump to 0:36 for the guitar.

Jason's album is fantastic! Killer player with great taste in gear! I think he might be endorsed by EBMM, but I would love to see that shift to PRS if he keeps getting builds like that! :D

dude can play for sure, thanks for sharing....the Mesa rig he's using sounds great....I use a Mesa Mark 5:25 but with two 1 x 12's ....killer modern type distortion tones with my PRS's....

I am allowed to say "boring"?

Sure, if tired blues licks are your thing. :) Mesa thought highly enough of him to spotlight him.

These are the players PRS needs to start paying attention to, because remaking LPs is only going to last so long.

Sure, if tired blues licks are your thing. :) Mesa thought highly enough of him to spotlight him.

These are the players PRS needs to start paying attention to, because remaking LPs is only going to last so long.

Yawn

ba98f16527bb2608ed3c201a3b006af2--bazooka-gum-sweet-memories.jpg

Normally I'd agree with you but this place is sofaking slow and boring lately I welcome a flamewar.

25 watt amps are for p@ssies. My Mesa Mark V is set to 90 watts even though the volume is on one.... and I sleep with a loaded bazooka just in case sh!t goes down.

That's right! I've seen nursing homes more exciting than this place currently is. I need to spice things up a bit around these parts.

Oh, I'm sorry for bringing attention to a PRS player who actually knows how to properly play the guitar, instead of hanging it on the wall and admiring it like some trophy.

Oh, I'm sorry for bringing attention to a PRS player who actually knows how to properly play the guitar, instead of hanging it on the wall and admiring it like some trophy.

It isn't the player. I happen to dig his playing, and that style of music. I also happen to like"tired old blues licks". It was your comment, in general, that got my yawn.

I thought I was with you until the last part. I have a few guitars. I play most of them and several are my gigging ones. However, I also have some that hang on the wall and admire them as art (if not “trophies”). I just can’t bring myself to take my SC Dragon to a bar gig.

Is that Ok? Maybe I’m confused but I could swear I spent MY money.

spicy - I love it.

I love the first part of the vid, thought he is fantastic, but I must admit i could not hang with it until the end.

I went to see Joe Satriani a couple years back who I LOVE but I must admit by the millionth solo I had to leave.

I love both this type of virtuoso gtr music as well as tired old blues based rock. There is a place for both.

Don't be a hater about fancy guitars on the wall, many of these dentists will smoke you ;)!

I suck but am very loud with amazing gear - its seems to fool most people.

It's the trophy buyers that help keep PRS and the PS dept. in business. They're patrons of the arts, and I for one applaud them.

Back when I was gigging a lot, I was poor and only had the one PRS I bought in 1993. I'd have to sell stuff sometimes to get home from tours that fell through or bills that piled up while I was away... Then I'd go on the computer and look at the real fancy PRS and be like "that guitar should go to someone who'd really play it! You know, someone like me!"

I'd do that because the reality was: I was a jealous little b!tch.

We should be appreciative of collectors and of people who order the real high end guitars, because without them, if it were up to folks who were real players, people who were slogging away in the clubs trying to make a living at music, or endorsed superstars... PRS would've gone out of business already.

Thank god there are people out there with, you know, jobs an' sh!t. People that enjoy playing guitar and listening to music and going to shows and paying for tickets and buying merch, and doing something rather than staying at home watching tv, beating off, and spending all their money on football jerseys and bobbleheads.

Collectors, cork sniffer's, tone hounds, and hobbyist's are the best! Seriously. They keep nice guitars outta harms way, they buy some amazing stuff, and they'll let you play them! All they wanna do is talk about gear and try out the next cool thing, and they're even willing to pay for it! And did I mention they'll let you play the stuff?

All my "real" rockstar friends are boring as sh!t about guitars. They have their amps that they get paid to use, and their guitars that they've had forever.... "No I don't want to play your Strat or LP Classic again through your Blackstar, thank you." They don't commission double necks with dragons and flying unicorns on that sh!t. They can't bring that abalone-Brazilian-Ivory encrusted guitar to... Well, anywhere. And the times they're actually home, all they wanna do is chill on the sofa with their families and chat about normal stuff. Half of them don't even know what brand of pedal is on their board or what gauge of strings they use. For real.

Don't be a hater about fancy guitars on the wall, many of these dentists will smoke you ;)!

And IT guys, Electrical Engineers, Sales guys, and Accountants, and...

I thought I was with you until the last part. I have a few guitars. I play most of them and several are my gigging ones. However, I also have some that hang on the wall and admire them as art (if not “trophies”). I just can’t bring myself to take my SC Dragon to a bar gig.

Is that Ok? Maybe I’m confused but I could swear I spent MY money.

Do with you want with your money. I never said anything about that. Personally, I don't believe in that sort of thing. Guitars and all other musical instruments are meant to be played. That is their purpose. That is why they were created. The fact the concept has been perverted into making them wall mounted art pieces frankly sickens me. If I inherited such things or came into their possession by other means, I'd give them away to less fortunate players. But, if it helps keep the PRS doors open, so be it.

Back