JANUARY 2015 VAULT THREAD!

LAST CALL!

We will be in the Vault on the 24th and 25th of March. Please let us know if we can look for anything for you - or if you would like to put a build together. We have spots left for another person or two!

Also, having some smoooooooth ideas for the next Wood Library run!

LAST CALL!

We will be in the Vault on the 24th and 25th of March. Please let us know if we can look for anything for you - or if you would like to put a build together. We have spots left for another person or two!

Also, having some smoooooooth ideas for the next Wood Library run!

If by smoooooooth, you mean some of those cool Santana standards I see for sale in Japan, I'm in. I'm not interested in the Rob Thomas model though.

Satin Wood Library Custom 24s
Call or email to get in on the ground floor!

On our way down to the factory!

Give us some ideas for Private Stock builds...maybe yours will become reality!

Thinking strongly about a Cocobolo semi-hollow..... With dark (?maybe ebony?) fretboard and headstock, with Violin II purfling......

On our way down to the factory!

Give us some ideas for Private Stock builds...maybe yours will become reality!

Last edited:
You have a very good point. The ONLY reason I was thinking ebony is that I really like the violin purfling and I think the ebony would really make it pop.

Ebony will look good, but I would try for a nice cocobolo fingerboard first - just for the nice figure.

Interesting. I'll have to look up African blackwood. Would the tone of that wood be more towards rosewood or ebony?

Interesting. I'll have to look up African blackwood. Would the tone of that wood be more towards rosewood or ebony?

I've never really thought of it in those terms and am not in the same place as the guitar right now. Going by my memory of the sound I think I would characterize it as closer to rosewood.

How about an SC HB II Paul's with trem and piezo?

I would totally buy that... If I had money.

Back