Jan 10!

I'd like to se a maple neck Silver Sky SE with better colors--horizon red would be nice. Didn't like the Miami Vice Colors
I figured they must have let Mayer pick the colors…

1-DC0-B0-EB-BA76-4627-8-DA5-19-C22-E5-EF32-C.jpg

There’s a screen grab some dude took and posted on TGP of the white board behind Jack that (maybe) shows a bunch of model abbreviations, sample sizes, and initial shipment numbers.

The number 594 shows up a few times.

Looks like there’s a new version of the Sonzera, as well, per that PG video.
Good eye Andy. And, didn't I see the same amp in Bryan's demo of the 594? If so, it sounds really good in both!

People have complained about the Sonzera drive channel, so maybe they redid it...

Ok, just watched the demo on the home page. New Sonzera 20 sounds really good!

That said, our boy Boscoe France could make the old model sing!

This is going to seem rather out-of-touch, but I don't grok the significance of January 10.

Is it the long-awaited coming of the messiah, the day the earth stood still due to aliens landing in Washington, or what? I mean, I already know the whole Klaatu Berada Nicto thing, just in case Gort emerges from the saucer with Klaatu and gets pissed off.

So far I haven't seen any aliens landing in D.C. on the news networks, so... ;)

Good eye Andy. And, didn't I see the same amp in Bryan's demo of the 594? If so, it sounds really good in both!

People have complained about the Sonzera drive channel, so maybe they redid it...

Ok, just watched the demo on the home page. New Sonzera 20 sounds really good!

That said, our boy Boscoe France could make the old model sing!

Yeah, the first version Sonzera was a perplexing amp to me... no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't dial out the harshness of the lead channel (and it was harsh). But then I would hear some guys play it and sound amazing - usually on an S-type guitar. I not so secretly suspect that a lot of the Sonzera DNA was actually from the JMOD, that amp could also sound harsh if not driven skillfully, based on the demos I heard. And the description of the lead channel as an extension of the clean channel with extra gain stages, that's straight up JMOD.

At any rate, yeah, I also noticed the amp definitely sounds sweeter now on the lead channel. It's still aggressive, in a nasty tweed kind of way, but not painfully so. More musical. Looking forward to trying one.

Back