Jammin' some O Rappa today

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I don't understand any of the lyrics, but it jams. Good stuff, I should listen more, especially when I ***** about not having new music that I like. PRS user as well. I know Alex has posted some of Xandão's guitars here before. Maybe he'll chime in with some pics. Anyway, give it a shot. Talented guys creating great music.

Yes! I've seen these guys play live on several occasions and I can't even begin to describe the atmosphere at one of their shows. The crowd literally hangs on every word, every beat, every note. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. Most of their shows I've attended were in Brazil, so I thought maybe it's a Brazilian phenomena, but that isn't the case. I went to see them play in New York about 6 weeks ago and the same thing happened there. The crowd is so into the music, it's amazing. Both Xandao, the world's most nonchalant Rock Star and Alex, guitar tech par excellence, are amazing guys!

Yes! I've seen these guys play live on several occasions and I can't even begin to describe the atmosphere at one of their shows. The crowd literally hangs on every word, every beat, every note. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. Most of their shows I've attended were in Brazil, so I thought maybe it's a Brazilian phenomena, but that isn't the case. I went to see them play in New York about 6 weeks ago and the same thing happened there. The crowd is so into the music, it's amazing. Both Xandao, the world's most nonchalant Rock Star and Alex, guitar tech par excellence, are amazing guys!
Met Alex at the 1st Experience I attended, nicest guy ever. I hope I'm able to see them one day. I can see why any audience would be so into it. It's infectious and hard resist grooving to it. Even sitting at my desk here, I'm surely looking like a fool. Luckily no one around to witness it. :eek::D
7 Vezes is the album that really hooked me. I should really go through the whole catalog and listen to it all. I just can't help but listen to this album every time though.

Met Alex at the 1st Experience I attended, nicest guy ever. I hope I'm able to see them one day. I can see why any audience would be so into it. It's infectious and hard resist grooving to it. Even sitting at my desk here, I'm surely looking like a fool. Luckily no one around to witness it. :eek::D
7 Vezes is the album that really hooked me. I should really go through the whole catalog and listen to it all. I just can't help but listen to this album every time though.

Of all albums they've done, I think 7 Vezes has the heaviest guitar tones. I also really like Lado B Lado A (Side B, Side A) as well. They're just well crafted songs. Speaking of 'music sung in a language I don't understand', the soundtrack to Buena Vista Social Club is another favorite of mine. It's awesome that music can cross cultures and speak to so many people.

O Rappa is a great band! I have this place to thank for turning me on to them.

Speaking of 'music sung in a language I don't understand', the soundtrack to Buena Vista Social Club is another favorite of mine. It's awesome that music can cross cultures and speak to so many people.

+1 on BVSC. Sometimes I prefer hearing music when I don't know what they're sayin' so the lyrics can't ruin it for me. :rolleyes:
Ever hear an opera in english? Sh!t sounds stupid. :p

thank you for your kind words, guys. It really touches me. I know language can be a barrier, but once you can get over it, you are exposed to a new universe, and I mean in germany, japanese, russian and etc.
I really need to stop by at experience another time. damn, how I miss that atmosphere. so many people with the same goals together, isn't it? but overtime I visit US, I find a way to stop by in Stevensville. Last time, I drove from Boston to Stevensville and the to NYC. As you can see, I always find a way to put Maryland on my way.
as a guitar tech, I should charge less the bands that had PRS guitars on their sets, life is so much easier, but let keep that secret between us...LOL
O Rappa, just did a video in english
you can find more pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/orappa_oficial/ or at their website http://www.orappa.com.br/orappanobrennand/
there's a new DVD Acustico Oficina Francisco Brennand (it says acustico/acoustic but it's not, you can hear some PRS Semi Hollow, Arched Top and Semi Hollow 12 in action with 2 Channel H amp), anyway... those are the news.

Kickin' it with the best guitar tech on the planet. O Rappa show in Brixton, London.

O-Rappa_Brixton_zpsvscvkbsm.jpg

This is my all-time favorite O Rappa tune. Play it loud!

This is another favorite.

And this one is my daughter's favorite.

Last edited:
it was so cool to meet you Hans and Dave in London. Also when Shawn, Vinnie and Mike stopped by NYC gig.
by the way, the distorted guitars in Meu Mundo é o Barro is me. Dropped D tunning and high gain tone. \m/

Kickin' it with the best guitar tech on the planet. O Rappa show in Brixton, London.

O-Rappa_Brixton_zpsvscvkbsm.jpg

This is my all-time favorite O Rappa tune. Play it loud!

This is another favorite.

And this one is my daughter's favorite.

Cool stuff Hans I'll have to try & keep an eye open next time there over. Very Impressive.

Back