I've seen Paul's home recording studio!

Guitarsan

"I floor it. That’s technical talk." SRV
PaulsStudio2(1200).jpg

Well, now you can too.

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/a_look_at_paul_smiths_studio_gear

What a fun video!

I love how Paul's studio has a lived-in, funky thing happening. But his gear is pretty damn sweet.

That video enticed me to buy a Bit Commander. I've got a ton of scripts I can use it on!

I would have thought Paul would have a huge room full of vintage gear and the latest tech. Quite a surprise to see a relatively modest affair crammed into the loft space. I think I heard someplace that he collects old microphones too?

Maybe, someday, if I ever become somebody, I'll get to see it...

Just give him a Dragon, and you're on the list...

When I did my PS #234, back in 2000, I wanted to thank Paul and Jim Cullen for all of their help in getting it done (there's a long story behind me getting the guitar that I'll save for another post...).

I bought Jim a nice bottle of Single Malt and for Paul? I wanted to get him something "different"...

I know! A Dragon! No one else could have possibly thought of that!

Anyway... I was in WDW with the wife and kids when the guitar was almost done and I stopped by the glass blower shop on Main Street and there it was! The perfect gift! A hand made glass Dragon!

Here's a pic I took of it, back in 2007 when I was first @ Paul's house...

It's the clear glass one below and to the left of the doubleneck dragon statue. Along with all the other dragon statues...

There were A LOT of them... So much for me "being different"... LOL!
413553063.jpg

P.S. And yes, this being my "first" visit means there were others... ;)

P.P.S. Paul did send me a very nice handwritten note thanking me for the "thoughtful gift"...

This home recording studio looks awesome! By the way, I think it's a difficult task to set up a home recording studio. In addition, if you need high-quality sound, then it will cost you a fortune. But I'm new to this so I found a budget option and I don't have to spend a lot of money on it. I learned that the perfect home studio for beginners consists of 9 elements, such as Mac, AudioBox, studio monitors, 1 or 2 microphones, headphones, several cables, a microphone stand, a pop filter, and ear training software for sound engineers. All this will allow me to record great tracks with high-quality sound. In fact, I want to prepare for a meeting with the music producer Raz Klinghoffer from LA, you can read about him at https://www.razklinghoffer.com/. And it will take me a year of hard work to show him my tracks.

Last edited:
Dear Abby:

The problem is that not only have I not visited Paul's studio, Paul hasn't visited my studio!

Should I take offense?

Yours truly,

Studio Rat In Michigan

Dear Studio Rat:

You aren't worthy.

Sincerely,

Abby

Dear Abby:

The problem is that not only have I not visited Paul's studio, Paul hasn't visited my studio!

Should I take offense?

Yours truly,

Studio Rat In Michigan

Dear Studio Rat:

You aren't worthy.

Sincerely,

Abby
Abigail Rat Buren doesn't know what she's talking about.

Back