I've never had anything fixed by the PTC...

...but I've heard a lot of great stories about instruments they've repaired.

Does anyone else think this listing is a little off?

https://reverb.com/item/4366298-skillet-ben-kasica-s-personal-practice-prs-mira-2008

It says the neck was fixed by PRS, but judging by what I've heard, and looking at the pictures, I feel like there's no way that was touched by the PTC... right?

rv3tqtfgnfcjqdp9vrtw.jpg

I would think if he really sent it to "PRS" he would have known to put the "PTC". I'm calling BS. Past work they have done you couldn't tell it was ever damaged. Filled and repainted. This doesn't look like PTC work.

PTC work comes back better than new. I have a 408 that had the neck finish flaking issue that hit for a stretch. Came back from the factory like it was fresh off the assembly line. This is not a PTC job.

There is absolutely no way that neck "repair" was done by PRS.

So, you gotta ask yourself, if the seller is not being truthful about the repair, what else is he not being truthful about?

run
away

Sometimes we get guitars in for repair and the customer is only asking us to perform a structural repair. In the case of touring artists or other full time gigging musicians, they don't care about the finish work, they simple want something that is solid and will stay in tune.

Oh don't worry guys, I wasn't planning on buying it to begin with.

I have a problem with looking at Reverb for hours upon hours dreaming. I came across a SC250 that belonged to Skillet's old guitarist and decided just for fun to look up some of the bands I listen to and see what people had. When I searched Skillet, that also came up and stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Sometimes we get guitars in for repair and the customer is only asking us to perform a structural repair. In the case of touring artists or other full time gigging musicians, they don't care about the finish work, they simple want something that is solid and will stay in tune.

I'm no expert on Ben Kasica's life... but it says practice guitar, and I don't think I've ever seen them tour with that guitar, so I'd imagine that would be one he'd care about the finish on, since it wasn't getting beat up on the road all the time (case and point, the SC250 I mentioned in my previous post that took a beating :D)

Your point does make sense though. Does that look like something that was fixed but not re-finished? Asking for real because I'm not an expert on instrument repairs :) (Since tone can be hard to distinguish via text I just wanted to make sure it didn't seem like it was coming off rude by asking.

Back