I've Got An Itch (Vol 4)

What exactly could it be...hmmmmm....
3VNR6Kz.gif

I have a set of 4-lead 53/10's that were pulled from an early P24. I just saw a set of 53/10's on reverb for $1500 (insanity). At first I thought about selling them. But after digging them out of moth balls and thinking about it, I got an itch to do something fun with them instead.
Do not sell them! IMO, 53/10s are the finest set to ever come out of PRS, and the fact that they can never be replicated due to irreplaceable vintage wire infused with magic fairy dust, makes them all the more desirable. So much PAF-ish chime and expressiveness!

I snagged one of the last sets around while still offered and have been waiting for the perfect transplant recipient as well, and I think I've decided to drive over the bridge (I'm in MD.) and have the PTC install them in my Archtop Jazz. While 53/10s would sound great in any vintage inspired guitar, I'm convinced that the deep hollow-bodied, spruce-topped AJ would sing with them. I know at least one other member here has done that and raved about the results.

Bottom line ... I'd say to consider one of your PRSs with a hollow cavity or f-holes to allow those mommas to really deliver their goods!

Well, poop.

I offered *this* little gem in trade for a guitar I thought might really do the trick. No joy.

Looks like I'm going to have to show-up with cash to bring 'Plan B' home. That means selling the Tele on TGP or Reverb (boo).

Back in a bit.

Last edited:
Back