I've been "bad" - PS order has been placed!!

goof1073

So back in October I finally succumbed to GAS and bought my first Private Stock; #4556 - a dealer stock PS from Brian's Guitars...an absolutely killer SC245 in faded aquaviolet.

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-private-stock-sc245-faded-aqua-violet

108.jpg

Fast forward a month (if that) and Brian takes a visit to the Vault and knows that if a "must have" piece pops up to drop me a line. Well needless to say when I saw the billet for PS 4715 it was love at first site!!!! After some back and forths I'm happy to say that I’ve got "one in the oven"!!! It's going to be an interesting ride to say the least...4715 was originally characterized as a collection grade top, but the story goes that they couldn't get enough quilts to make a run. Their loss is definitely my gain:

PS4715Top.jpg

Some of the specs are still TBD pending some color samples from Dave C / Paul Miles...but overall this is going to be an SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid (SC245, Santana Headstock, SC Controls with push-pull tone pots) with a Chaltecoco neck and a BRW Board. I can't tell you just how excited I am about having a fully custom / spec'd out PS built in the works. I'll have to keep you guys posted as things come together!

Last edited:
And this is how the addiction starts!!!! Hehehe

Killer quilt!! Would have been my choice too!!!

Wow, what a quilt! Also good for you for choosing Chaltecoco, I've heard absolutely nothing but stellar reviews of it.

As the owner of two PS guitars with Chaltecoco/BRW necks, I concur that this is a great choice and absolutely what I would order if I wanted another PS just a great combo. I was so hooked with first I bought the second for no reason at all and the second has become my number 1.

Back