IV July Orchestral Theme - Almost Happy With It!

Halfway decent, come on! You are already better than 90% of those who try, so you are well beyond halfway to decent!! Great job as usual Mr. Les!!! I particularly liked the turn the piece took at about 1:20!!!! Was not expecting it and I really like where it went!!!!!

I dig that a lot. The first thing I thought was, I'd LOVE to dial up a Holdsworth-y tone and solo over that. Due to the structure, it would be challenging, but fun!

Les,
I listened to this several times (eyes closed of course).
I also did my best to ignore the title and let the music paint its own pictures.

I see a great journey to an unknown place of legend.
There is much planning and great anticipation before the journey actually begins at :19.
Many wonders are encountered and seen during the first part of the journey.
At 1:15 Things go sideways and our voyagers encounter unexpected issues that they have to deal with.
By 1:54 they have dealt with the issues and seem to be back on course.
In the last section they arrive and discover that their destination is different than they had anticipated.
Not better, not worse, just different. They change their plans and get to work. (They will be OK.)

Tony, it's cool that you're able to visualize a storyline when listening to a piece of music!

And yes, ignore the title. It's got nothing to do with the music, it simply refers to the date I started working on it. I couldn't think of a title, because I wasn't thinking much about a tone poem, I was just experimenting with some new orchestration and harmonic changes. That it even became a piece was something of an unintended consequence.

Not that unintended consequences are a bad thing...

Back