It's So Slow Around Here, I'm Gonna Kick Y'all In The NAD(s)!

I was meaning Sergio and his adversary that were discussing the DG30. Scott R you’re a gent in my book!:)

Well, thanks Altus Rubra. I know I was trying to defuse the situation...confrontation freaks me outo_O Now, about this book of yours...what other lies about me are in it? :D

Sergio and DTR...I find your knowledge of coffee both interesting and disturbing and what's most disturbing is that I now would like to start a coffee company with you guys now...we can call it...International Jitter Juice..well, waddya think?!

Now can we get back to the kicking of NAD(s) I mean amplifiers..

Last edited:
That ‘s why I only drink espresso.

Well, I decided this was interesting so I looked it up.

If you measure by weight, the dark roast has more caffeine. If you measure by volume, the dark roast has less caffeine, and the differences are small anyway.

However, the dark roast has lower acid. So it’s better for folks with sensitive stomachs.

Source: https://coffeefaq.com/does-dark-roast-coffee-have-less-caffeine-than-light-roast/

And the reason a cup of espresso has less caffeine is simply because it’s a smaller serving:

https://www.coffeechemistry.com/chemistry/alkaloids/caffeine-content-in-espresso-vs-drip-coffee

Last edited:
You gotta get in line. I'm still waiting.....

Ok, Ok, I can't take this browbeating! :D

Actually, you'd be surprised how much work it is. My roaster says it will roast 1 lb at a time but most experts say about 320 grams max. You lose about 20% of the weight while roasting. So 5 lbs or greens equals about 4 lbs of coffee. So roast 320 and get about 280.... that's 10 oz. Roast cycle for that amount, about 21 minutes on, 10 minute cool down. Then blow the chaff off the porch and out of the roaster, etc. 35 minutes average time, out in the cold now (38 degrees tonight when I roasted) for 10 oz of fresh roasted coffee. But, do the math. It's way cheaper than buying fresh roasted, and GOOD coffee by a mile. But a time consuming hobby. I just got back from vacation last week on which I took coffee for the 6 adults and 2 over 20 kids. Roasted every night for a week just getting ready for that. :)

I'll get you guys some. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

If you measure by weight, the dark roast has more caffeine. If you measure by volume, the dark roast has less caffeine, and the differences are small anyway.

However, the dark roast has lower acid. So it’s better for folks with sensitive stomachs.

Source: https://coffeefaq.com/does-dark-roast-coffee-have-less-caffeine-than-light-roast/

And the reason a cup of espresso has less caffeine is simply because it’s a smaller serving:

https://www.coffeechemistry.com/chemistry/alkaloids/caffeine-content-in-espresso-vs-drip-coffee

Actually, almost all of that depends on a number of factors. Unless your talking only espresso, the method of making it, grind, filter type, and several other factors all influence how much caffeine is in your cup.

Sensitive stomachs should use a paper filter method, not french press for example, and cooler water can yield less acidic brew, and on and on. The coffee thing is kind of like guitar... LOL

Ok, Ok, I can't take this browbeating! :D

Actually, you'd be surprised how much work it is. My roaster says it will roast 1 lb at a time but most experts say about 320 grams max. You lose about 20% of the weight while roasting. So 5 lbs or greens equals about 4 lbs of coffee. So roast 320 and get about 280.... that's 10 oz. Roast cycle for that amount, about 21 minutes on, 10 minute cool down. Then blow the chaff off the porch and out of the roaster, etc. 35 minutes average time, out in the cold now (38 degrees tonight when I roasted) for 10 oz of fresh roasted coffee. But, do the math. It's way cheaper than buying fresh roasted, and GOOD coffee by a mile. But a time consuming hobby. I just got back from vacation last week on which I took coffee for the 6 adults and 2 over 20 kids. Roasted every night for a week just getting ready for that. :)

I'll get you guys some. ;)

Good grief! I had no idea.

Unless you're my wife, who drinks 4-6 espressos in the morning.

Do you think maybe the half life of caffine is causing the sleep issues?

Tea is a lot mellower. Nice cup of tea and turn that amp on ;)

Well, thanks Altus Rubra. I know I was trying to defuse the situation...confrontation freaks me outo_O Now, about this book of yours...what other lies about me are in it? :D

Sergio and DTR...I find your knowledge of coffee both interesting and disturbing and what's most disturbing is that I now would like to start a coffee company with you guys now...we can call it...International Jitter Juice..well, waddya think?!

Now can we get back to the kicking of NAD(s) I mean amplifiers..
It’s says keep being you! Haha

Dear Sergio...
I'd like to apologize for derailing this thread and talking about stuff unrelated to your thread...
As punishment, I'm going to stare at this picture

There... Let that be a lesson to me!

G
COPYRIGHT 2017 Dmattews.

Every time I see a train derailment picture, it reminds me of where I grew up. My bedroom was about 50-60 FEET from railroad tracks. We had a two-car detached garage, about 15-20 feet of sidewalk (if that), then the house. If a train ever derailed, the hope was that the garage stopped it before it got to the house. Fortunately, we never had it tested. The tracks were so close to the house that when I was talking to my girlfriend (before she made the mistake of marrying me) on the phone one day, a train came through and she yelled into the phone, "What the hell is that?", semi-panicked. And I said, "What is what?" She said, "That noise." It took about 10 seconds to realize she meant the train - I don't even notice them any more.

There was one derailment near us when I lived there (I was in elementary school, so early 70s), about a mile or so from the house. Right here (although this picture is years after the fact).

14637427553_b1d36a854e_b.jpg

There was a car parked almost exactly where the nearer car is in that picture. A tank car rolled over and crushed it, which kept it from rolling out into the road. The story was that a woman was sitting in the car while her husband was fishing, got bored, and got out to cross the tracks and ask him to wrap it up about five minutes before the train came through. I have no idea if it's actually true or not.

Every time I see a train derailment picture, it reminds me of where I grew up. My bedroom was about 50-60 FEET from railroad tracks. We had a two-car detached garage, about 15-20 feet of sidewalk (if that), then the house. If a train ever derailed, the hope was that the garage stopped it before it got to the house. Fortunately, we never had it tested. The tracks were so close to the house that when I was talking to my girlfriend (before she made the mistake of marrying me) on the phone one day, a train came through and she yelled into the phone, "What the hell is that?", semi-panicked. And I said, "What is what?" She said, "That noise." It took about 10 seconds to realize she meant the train - I don't even notice them any more.

There was one derailment near us when I lived there (I was in elementary school, so early 70s), about a mile or so from the house. Right here (although this picture is years after the fact).

14637427553_b1d36a854e_b.jpg

There was a car parked almost exactly where the nearer car is in that picture. A tank car rolled over and crushed it, which kept it from rolling out into the road. The story was that a woman was sitting in the car while her husband was fishing, got bored, and got out to cross the tracks and ask him to wrap it up about five minutes before the train came through. I have no idea if it's actually true or not.

I have questions:

Were you on the right side of the tracks, or the wrong side of the tracks?

Were your parents in their right minds when they bought the house?

Would you agree or disagree that there is a genetic component to sanity?

Do you think maybe the half life of caffine is causing the sleep issues?

The half life is about 6 hours. So yeah, if you drink a cup at 6:00 PM that has 250mg caffeine, at midnight you still have 125mg in your system.

I have questions:

Were you on the right side of the tracks, or the wrong side of the tracks?

Were your parents in their right minds when they bought the house?

Would you agree or disagree that there is a genetic component to sanity?

Whatever side of the tracks of I'm on is the wrong side.

They didn't put me up for adoption - you tell me if they had right minds!

A wise man once said, "There ain't no sanity cause!"*

(* - No, that wasn't the line, but I'm altering it to suit my purposes. Unlike a tailor at Sea World who alters suits for his porpoises.)

Dear Sergio...
I'd like to apologize for derailing this thread and talking about stuff unrelated to your thread...
As punishment, I'm going to stare at this picture

There... Let that be a lesson to me!

G
COPYRIGHT 2017 Dmattews.

Hey... wait a minute...
Oh... copyright, OK then.

Back