It's So Slow Around Here, I'm Gonna Kick Y'all In The NAD(s)!

There’s always that fine balance between having to hide stuff, and wanting it out so you can enjoy it, isn’t there?

“Is that new?”

“No, I’ve had it a while.”

“What’s ‘a while’? Like, five minutes?”

“Um, nope. I’ve had it a while.”

“An hour?”

“Come on, I said I’ve had it a while.”

“Two hours?”

“Nope.”

“Three?”

“Maybe...”

“Don’t think about falling asleep tonight and waking up in the morning, OK?”
The line here is

"Is that new"

"kinda"

"You've been buying a lot of stuff lately. Is there something you haven't told me, like are you are dying?"

Any appropriate replies accepted.

Scott, buy whatever you want. Have it shipped to my place. I'll put it in a Cheryl and Company box and bury it under a couple cookies. You say "oh, those nice guys from the PRS forum sent me cookies, again! Boy, that DTR guy... for a prog metal head, he really is a nice guy. Must be because he's a redhead like you, honey!" Offer her a cookie, then head into the music room with the box and remove the device in question. Plug it in quickly in case she comes in for another cookie, it will already be in place. Nothing suspicious.

Guitars? I'll go to a hard sale and buy an old wall picture to hide it under. Amps? "Honey, your new mixer is in!" (I'm going to need an expense account to work with. Send me your credit card info just for the filler items I need to purchase and we're ready to roll).

You boys have my sympathy. Mrs. Bebop loves gittars & gear as much, if not more, than I do...

If I talk about gear for even one second, my wife’s eyes glaze over, and she interrupts me, asking if I want to talk about lipstick and makeup.

When I say no, she tells me that’s how much she feels like talking about guitars.

Gear talk with Mrs. B is like talking to a bag of concrete without the rolling eyes...except the concrete might care more. And except for small stuff, she’s kind of excited for me when it’s something I’m passionate about (basically, all of it). But she’s as musical as a bottle of glue, and doesn’t care. Now, I’d better have a valid and comprehensive review/opinion if she gets a new pair of shoes. o_O Probably like Bodia’s house...with him.

:D

Shoes schmooze.... Rumor has it you may be spinning through the Chi-town area soon. Hope you're bringing me some sauce. Otherwise, I may have to find an appropriate pair of sh!tbkickers! :D

If I talk about gear for even one second, my wife’s eyes glaze over, and she interrupts me, asking if I want to talk about lipstick and makeup.

When I say no, she tells me that’s how much she feels like talking about guitars.

I feel your pain Master...take it from the grasshopper (me) eyes glazed over is my signature move with her...and the slow blink of course. My wife's signature look would be what I like to call...Manson Lamps...you know as in Charles Manson, as in crazy person eyes...

I would kill for her to just want to talk about lipstick and makeup...Instead of that, she starts telling me how she plans to dispose of my body if I don't stop talking about f-ing guitars...and I believe her.:mad::eek:

Last edited:
Otherwise, I may have to find an appropriate pair of sh!tbkickers! :D[/QUOTE]

I have a pair...no not really...and I might be the only person in Alabama that doesnt. Do hiking boots count...what about flip flops? I kicked some in mine the other day...a-hole neighbor! To top it off he let's his 2 dogs poop in my yard too! o_O

Gear talk with Mrs. B is like talking to a bag of concrete without the rolling eyes...except the concrete might care more. And except for small stuff, she’s kind of excited for me when it’s something I’m passionate about (basically, all of it). But she’s as musical as a bottle of glue, and doesn’t care. Now, I’d better have a valid and comprehensive review/opinion if she gets a new pair of shoes. o_O Probably like Bodia’s house...with him.

Mine too like a big ole bag of concrete, dis-interest...and psychosis...With red hair and a knife :eek:

Scott, buy whatever you want. Have it shipped to my place. I'll put it in a Cheryl and Company box and bury it under a couple cookies. You say "oh, those nice guys from the PRS forum sent me cookies, again! Boy, that DTR guy... for a prog metal head, he really is a nice guy. Must be because he's a redhead like you, honey!" Offer her a cookie, then head into the music room with the box and remove the device in question. Plug it in quickly in case she comes in for another cookie, it will already be in place. Nothing suspicious.

Guitars? I'll go to a hard sale and buy an old wall picture to hide it under. Amps? "Honey, your new mixer is in!" (I'm going to need an expense account to work with. Send me your credit card info just for the filler items I need to purchase and we're ready to roll).

Dude! You might have even more tricks than even my sneaky a$$! Uhh, you should know I think your I will do my best to return the favor and gladly swap card information so I can tell her...no, no,no put down the knife, stop growling and hear me out woman...This is DTRs stuff his wife is mean and he asked me to order it for him and he's gonna drop by and pick it up...He has a family close and will be in town for the holidays...BOOM! After you never drop by and she starts asking too many question...we MAY have to fake your death...How about that!? It just might work...I love it when a plan comes together! BTW...When I say "trust me" at +the end of any sentence...back away slowly then turn and run away as fast as pissible...something bad/crazy/life threatening is right around the corner. Trust me! :cool:

Shoes schmooze.... Rumor has it you may be spinning through the Chi-town area soon. Hope you're bringing me some sauce. Otherwise, I may have to find an appropriate pair of sh!tbkickers! :D
Trust me, you’re covered. If I have to stop at St. Elmo’s on the way out of town, so be it.

But she lets you decorate the walls, and tells you what is missing.

But she lets you decorate the walls, and tells you what is missing.
(Ssshhhhh! You’re ruining my downtrodden husband shtick)

:oops:

Indeed. I’ve never hidden anything from her and she’s only given me grief a couple of times because she doesn’t get the musician thing. Another benefit to marrying your best friend. Highly recommended!

(Ssshhhhh! You’re ruining my downtrodden husband shtick)

:oops:

Indeed. I’ve never hidden anything from her and she’s only given me grief a couple of times because she doesn’t get the musician thing. Another benefit to marrying your best friend. Highly recommended!

Yeah, I suggested that whole "marrying your best friend" thing. He was not amused.

But seriously, that's what I did. Almost 31 years, and every morning, to my great surprise, she still hasn't smothered me in my sleep.

Almost 31 years, and every morning, to my great surprise, she still hasn't smothered me in my sleep.

I’m pretty sure mine has tried and failed.

She is, however, taking a master class in smothering to improve her technique.

Back