It's So Slow Around Here, I'm Gonna Kick Y'all In The NAD(s)!

Hmmm, both I suppose...either way I feel dirty...

as well you should. :D

Thank you sir! May I have another! Hey! Wait a minute isn't hazing a crime these days...No...I think that's only if someone gets caught...or killed... or dismembered? I already have one redhead trying to kill me and she's been at that for years...Woah, maybe I'm imortal?! It's this was supposed to be a "Safe Space"...what up with that? o_O

Pfffttt.......I got a profile that sounds just as good!
Ha!

Did you take a shot at profiling it? There are -zero- good PRS amp profiles in the wild that I’ve found, yet. Double underscore on the word “yet”. Working on getting this done...

So, this DG30 must be the town bicycle because everyone has had a ride! Good looks, sounds heavenly, and apparently smells good...triple threat of a hussy. This gets the amp pimp stamp of approval. :cool:

And I guess I’m gonna have to come up there and show you guys how to turn an amp on loud. o_O

Apparently the Helix has good Archon models, I've seen at least 3 people at TGP that liked the Helix Archon models so well they went out and bought the real amp. My friend that has one said it's one of his top 3 amps in the Helix and he uses both channels regularly. I sure with the AmpliFire had a good model of it. And an HX/DA... and a Pauls MDT....

Thank you sir! May I have another! Hey! Wait a minute isn't hazing a crime these days...No...I think that's only if someone gets caught...or killed... or dismembered? I already have one redhead trying to kill me and she's been at that for years...Woah, maybe I'm imortal?! It's this was supposed to be a "Safe Space"...what up with that? o_O

Ha, this is childs play compared to "the other redhead." ;)

Totally understand the "too many knobs & switches overload option paralysis" problem. Also don't care for gittars with too many controls either.
While I still own 3 Mesa's, my TA30 is still one of my favorite amps ever... for all the right reasons...:cool:

I have a hankering for a Helix LT... been looking at it and the Headrush...All signs point to the Helix...it's kind of been a coin toss for one of those or another geetar...I decided on the later but this is subject to change if something doesn't move a bit quicker...
Oh I know this...hence the immortal comment. I have survived some serious scrapes with death ....TODAY! heavy gunfire, zombies, small screaming children...don't even raise my internal threat level past pink...BUT, Code "Red" takes on a meaning all its own to this guy...for real! It's terrifying...

Ha!

Did you take a shot at profiling it? There are -zero- good PRS amp profiles in the wild that I’ve found, yet. Double underscore on the word “yet”. Working on getting this done...

So, this DG30 must be the town bicycle because everyone has had a ride! Good looks, sounds heavenly, and apparently smells good...triple threat of a hussy. This gets the amp pimp stamp of approval. :cool:

And I guess I’m gonna have to come up there and show you guys how to turn an amp on loud. o_O

Refresh your Rig Manager! There are 13 Archon profiles out there. I haven't tried one yet. DrDoom mentioned in another thread that he had one that he liked. But, he didn't have the real thing to compare it to.

I have a hankering for a Helix LT...
AmpliFire is cheaper, sounds at least as good and has a less paralyzing amount of options (especially for a newer player) and best of all.....

is much smaller and easier to hide from nosey redheads who keep sniffing around for new stuff!

Bonus: If she finds it, it has her likeness right on the top so you can tell her you bought it in honor of her!

is much smaller and easier to hide from nosey redheads who keep sniffing around for new stuff!

There’s always that fine balance between having to hide stuff, and wanting it out so you can enjoy it, isn’t there?

“Is that new?”

“No, I’ve had it a while.”

“What’s ‘a while’? Like, five minutes?”

“Um, nope. I’ve had it a while.”

“An hour?”

“Come on, I said I’ve had it a while.”

“Two hours?”

“Nope.”

“Three?”

“Maybe...”

“Don’t think about falling asleep tonight and waking up in the morning, OK?”

AmpliFire is cheaper, sounds at least as good and has a less paralyzing amount of options (especially for a newer player) and best of all.....

Bonus: If she finds it, it has her likeness right on the top so you can tell her you bought it in honor of her!

The sensory overload options on the Helix gave me player paralysis..I like that the AmpliFire is simple, clean and sounds pretty killer! I really like the "all in one" with the Helix, but paralysis of any kind, is something I've had more than my fill of! No thanks I'm good!
Thanks for the heads up on this one! I somehow missed it until today? It's stealth is very attractive to me, the red does startle me a bit. Anything red scares me for some reason? So far I have managed to cleverly disguise my the HT5 as an ottoman, the Fly 3 currently resides in a file cabinet drawer, and my Pocket Pod lives in an old Discman Fanny Pack hanging in a closet. The things I do to get what I want. Hey, don't judge me! Like Les said "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" I have no idea what that means but Les said it...Yes, I'll pay dearly for my deceptive ways one day, I'm quite sure of that. Until then... Improvise, adapt, overcome and live to play again is my creedo! Okay that's BS...i don't have a creedo... I hide my gear to avoid creeping death by redhead! :eek:
There’s always that fine balance between having to hide stuff, and wanting it out so you can enjoy it, isn’t there?

“Is that new?”

“No, I’ve had it a while.”

“What’s ‘a while’? Like, five minutes?”

“Um, nope. I’ve had it a while.”

“An hour?”

“Come on, I said I’ve had it a while.”

“Two hours?”

“Nope.”

“Three?”

“Maybe...”

“Don’t think about falling asleep tonight and waking up in the morning, OK?”

I prefer to keep my answers single sylable. My go to is...huh or wha? Accompanied by a slight tilt of my head, a catatonic like blank stare and for the Coup De Grace...slow yet steady blinking. In extreme situations, light drooling and or a snot bubble never hurt. These techniques seems calm and or confuse her but are intended as therory only...Oh hell! I'm not an expert...it just works...most of the time.

Les, your method is quite impressive...I think it would work well with non-ginger, less aggressive types. However I tried a similar approach to yours once...she punched me in the throat...hard. The scary part was, I was shielding myself with "her" Yorkie whem she attacked! I told you guys...souless, absolutely void of one I tell you!

So, it sounds like you all need a little lesson in sneaking new gear into the house.

New Gear 101: Women don't know the difference in one pedal from the next, but they DO notice colors. If all your pedals are black and white or whatever, good luck sneaking a lime green TS9 on the board. Or a bright red pedal. This color thing goes for ALL gear... if you never had a blue guitar, she WILL notice a a new blue one. But if you have 3 blue ones, you can sneak one more in and she'll never know the difference. Amps... cabs, same thing. It may not be flashy, but stick with black and if she says "where did that come from" just say "It was over there but I re-arranged my amps and cabs."

Also note: A little at a time. If you have a 1x12 combo in the music room and the next time she walks in there, you have that, two heads, two 1x12s and a 2x12, she's going to nice that the whole wall is now covered with amps. Baby steps.

Lastly, and this is where some (Les) will fall short: Run cables ALL over your room, have amps and pedals everywhere and cables covering everything. Then say "honey, I just can't take a chance on you knocking over an expensive guitar or something so I will clean my music room. I won't want you trying to clean it. It's just not worth it. Skip by that room and leave the vacuum out. I'll get it."

The cables running everywhere can look a bit messy, but she's afraid to even go in there with clean clothes or something because of "all the wires."

Mission accomplished! (Aka: stay out of my music room! :D)

I like it! I like it a lot! Thanks for the heads up on this one DTR!! Not sure how I missed this one! I think I may have been paralyzed by Helix tonal option overkill! I think at my current skill level...As in no skill what so ever... It's all I can do to not go into a Pocket Pod Tonal Blackout and waste a whole lot of practice time, turning knobs and pushing buttons! I mean the knobs and buttons are chrome! I can't help myself! I really enjoyed the 3 minutes 21.2 seconds she let me crank up the little HT5R last night! I'm so excited! I'm sending her to get her hair and nails did tomorrow! Woo Hoo!! 2-2.5 hours of sonic freedom!

No no, I have managed to cleverly disguise my HT5 as an ottoman, the Fly 3 resides in one of her old "beach bags" (As If! She would immediately burst into flames...duh!) and the Pocket Pod is tucked away in the sleeve of an old leather jacket! Hiding an AmpliFire would be a piece of cake! The Helix would be a bit harder but it can be done. Yeah, Yeah..I know hiding things from your wife is unhealthy, blah, blah , blah...trust me it's all realative...hiding stuff isn't as unhealthy as being stabbed repeatedly in the neck by a pissed off redhead! For real, that one was in the manual that came with her...Good lookin out man I appreciate the intro to yet more cool gear that has the potential to get me killed! o_O:D

Dude, I"m telling you, when she see's her likeness right on the front, it will be a free pass! Besides, you can show her some cheap red pedal in an ad... she doesn't have to know this one costs $600. Or that you'll need some JBL LSR305's to go with it. "I've had those old speakers for years, hon."

Trust me!

Just promise us one thing. If you ever go on vacation or anything, please let us know. If you just stop showing up we're all going to worry that the inevitable happened....

This color thing goes for ALL gear... if you never had a blue guitar, she WILL notice a a new blue one.

I managed to get my only blue guitar, that 20th PS Anniversary model, into the place unnoticed.

Back when my studio was analog, and I had 5 big racks full of gear and a 64 input console in my basement, someone asked my wife how she let me do it.

“I didn’t,” she replied, “he sneaked that stuff in one cable at a time.”

I didn’t sneak the console or the tape machines in, though. They were too large.

Dude, I"m telling you, when she see's her likeness right on the front, it will be a free pass! Besides, you can show her some cheap red pedal in an ad... she doesn't have to know this one costs $600. Or that you'll need some JBL LSR305's to go with it. "I've had those old speakers for years, hon."

Trust me!

Just promise us one thing. If you ever go on vacation or anything, please let us know. If you just stop showing up we're all going to worry that the inevitable happened....

Okay that does it! I am 100% convinced we were separated at birth and the universe brought our evil minds back together to take over the world! Or at least devise a scheme so we can expand our collections of gear without the wives having a clue! We have share or plans and techniques of deception with the desperate the world!
You know, spread the gospel, if you will...wait...did that sound a little Jim Jones'ish...a little to culty? Hmmm..Anyhoo I'll go ahead and stock up on the kool-aid, so we have enough for everyone...grape, arsenic:eek: or fruit punch?...pick your poison. WHAT?? To soon?

Just for the record...If I sound like the voice of reason...ever...you are in deep poop! I've been called a lot of things (today) but reasonable...nope, uh uh, not even like once. I have gone ahead and taken the liberty (cause that's how I roll) to come up with a secret code, just in case she locks me in the trunk...again. If you guys suspect foul play or if suddenly, I start posting stufff like...I have no idea why anyone would need more than one guitar? Or, they all look the same to me? Or if no one hears anything from me in 48 consecutive hours, these are red flags and SCREAM..CALL THE POPO! NOT 911 Surgio said that was Heather Graham's new number:cool: so just call local law enforcement. Oh, I almost forgot! The secret code is "cheescurl"...o_O

Les, from this day forward as a token of gratitude and for being the utlimate Gear Ninja! I will refer to you only as...Master...I mean if that's cool with you..;)

Back