It's So Slow Around Here, I'm Gonna Kick Y'all In The NAD(s)!

Well, you see, if I had the money for it, then I would buy one, result being I would not have the money, but have the amp.

Since I currently lack the amp, probability is high I currently lack the money!

Have you checked under the cushion's of your sofa yet?

Well, you see, if I had the money for it, then I would buy one, result being I would not have the money, but have the amp.

Since I currently lack the amp, probability is high I currently lack the money!

Have you heard the term "B of A?" Bank of America? Well here, we have "B of B!" :D

Nice! If I could ever quit buying guitars, I might actually buy a PRS amp.

There's a bunch of T.I. pedals missing!

T.I.?

1260292110_ti.jpg

Or T.I.?

71ROYjKmf2L._SY550_.jpg

I don't think either of those is right.

So Sergio, this is a big turn... a polar opposite of your last amp purchase. What brought this on?

Ok, now I'm caught up. You traded the V. I thought you had both. NOW it's a total polar opposite switch.

So Sergio, this is a big turn... a polar opposite of your last amp purchase. What brought this on?
Ok, now I'm caught up. You traded the V. I thought you had both. NOW it's a total polar opposite switch.

Curiosity and greed. Have you seen how much this amp costs? Plus, I fell into the Mark V trap of putzing with knobs more than playing, especially Ch 3... and it's not like I'll ever join another metal band.

Not mention it's the greatest lookin' amp in history.

Curiosity and greed. Have you seen how much this amp costs? Plus, I fell into the Mark V trap of putzing with knobs more than playing, especially Ch 3... and it's not like I'll ever join another metal band.

Not mention it's the greatest lookin' amp in history.

It is a GREAT looking and sounding and I'm betting Sergio will sound killer on this amp, The MKV trap is a funny thing similar to the Marshall Forum guys rolling tubes, I did change power tubes after some back and forth ( now EL34s ) the Clean was easy turn on my MK2 and MK V at the same time make the MKV sound like MK2 " Done" on to the gain channels decided to go old school
on the second channel so MK1 mode ( Santana cranked ) and then Channel 3 when Marshall / Recto on this channel took me 2 days to get roughed in but I have had Boogies my whole life so this is home , still using some of my pedals for variety on the clean channel. The Idea of the MKV for me was less pedals more amp using the Best of both.
So not only did I get an amp that worked for me I also got a killer Hollowbody 2 and in the future some lessons and Tacos :)
Did I say I love trading !!!!!!!

Rider, watch those EL34s in the V. I know it “says” you can do it and even has a bias switch for it on the back, but Mesa revised the manual to say that you should only use them with the Variac mode because they were burning out way fast. Several guys reported a particular EL34 that was rated for much higher voltage than most of them and that they seemed to last just fine, but I can’t remember which one it was. Read it at The Boogie Board. If I find it I’ll PM you. Meantime, you might want to stay in Variac mode.

Sergio, no doubt it’s a beauty, and you aren’t the first (nor last) guy to get caught in “Tweakerland” with the Mark V. It’s a great amp for sure, but I’m hoping to find an HX/DA or Paul’s MDT (with the presence, mids and gain switch) that someone will trade for mine.

Wait, Lessons and tacos???? Dang it, I need to move closer to Chicago... Trades galore, lessons, tacos AND someone to go to Dream Theater concerts with! :)

Wait, Lessons and tacos???? Dang it, I need to move closer to Chicago... Trades galore, lessons, tacos AND someone to go to Dream Theater concerts with! :)

Word! I need a date for this Friday! I got the meet-n-greet in the hopes that I can convince JP to fly the Archon!

I hate going alone. But it is what it is. I missed Robin Trower because I couldn’t find anyone to go with me and 20 years later I’m STILL kicking my own a$$ over that one and still haven’t seen him. :(

JP would rip that Archon. I bet if he tried one he’d fall in love with it.

I don't mind going to shows alone. If I didn't do that, I'd have missed a ton of shows over the years. I do go to most shows with a buddy of mine now, but I have no qualms about going alone, even on long-ish road trips. We're going to see Dream Theater in a week, and Robin Trower for the third time in about two years next spring.

Please send him to Cincinnati and tell him I’ll be there this time! :)

Sergio, no doubt it’s a beauty, and you aren’t the first (nor last) guy to get caught in “Tweakerland” with the Mark V. It’s a great amp for sure, but I’m hoping to find an HX/DA or Paul’s MDT (with the presence, mids and gain switch) that someone will trade for mine.

The amp has some nice design features for at home playing. Namely the knobs are on top and some are even in the back, so you can't see them when you're sitting down in front of it. If you're lazy enough like I am, you won't bother to twist knobs and instead you'll just play the f@cking guitar.

The amp has some nice design features for at home playing. Namely the knobs are on top and some are even in the back, so you can't see them when you're sitting down in front of it. If you're lazy enough like I am, you won't bother to twist knobs and instead you'll just play the f@cking guitar.

Knobs are bad...I touch mine constantly since I got an actual amp...wait...that didn't sound right..

Back