It's All About the Colors...

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
How about some pics of your favorite PRS colors - whether solid, natural or stained, what floats your boat? If you could only have one PRS, but it could be in any color/stain, what would it be? Also - what colors just don't do it for you?

My current color-jones is Tequila Sunrise Glow. It makes me weak in the knees and wallet....

IMG_2131_zps6dd17c16.jpg

That guitar above is amazing. The firebirds are a perfect match for that finish!

Colour wise... I'm going to need to think about this a little. Probably blue but what shade I don't know.

It probably goes without saying that my fave is Goldtop. I can live with white too. I also like natural, vintage yellow, McCarty Burst, the cherry sunbursts, anything along those lines. Likewise maroons and pinks. I'm not a big fan of most blues or greens, but there are a few exceptions. I LOVE that new violet/aqua/ultraviolet/whatever it is. I'd almost give a body part for a guitar in that color.

My pet peeve is a finish that shows every single fingerprint or smudge like black does. Beyond that, I'm fairly flexible...

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

Last edited:
Charcoal Cherry Burst is still my favorite.

Trampas Green is likely my least favorite.

Frostbite is still my favorite, but several come in as a close second. Part of it, for me, depends upon the guitar, though. For example, I don't like blue singlecuts, so as much as I like aquamarine burst, it only works on doublecuts.

There are a lot of colors out there that I wouldn't own, but I still like. There are a few that I just don't like.

I really love Charcoal Burst, Black Gold (and Black Gold Burst), Burnt Almond, Charcoal White Wash, Smokey Blonde, Vintage Amber Burst, Yellow, Red and Orange Tiger, Copper, Goldtop, Dark Cherry Burst, Santana Yellow, and Mocha Smoked Burst. I'd happily take a guitar in any of these colors.

Not crazy about blues and greens for some reason. But I don't dislike them. I just prefer the colors I listed.

A blue like this on quilt was my favorite color for a long time - it looks so much like a pool you could just dive into! And then I saw Pete's guitar and the beach:

PS%25204094%25202%252003.jpg

IMG_1742.jpeg

Part of it, for me, depends upon the guitar, though.

I was gonna ask about this too in the OP, but I didn't want to cloudy the water too much. Those 'water' stains I posted here just aren't as cool on flame maple as they are on quilt. So, it matters if it is a DC or a SC or flame or quilt or highly figured Koa or spalted or burl...

I was gonna ask about this too in the OP, but I didn't want to cloudy the water too much. Those 'water' stains I posted here just aren't as cool on flame maple as they are on quilt. So, it matters if it is a DC or a SC or flame or quilt or highly figured Koa or spalted or burl...

Good point about flame vs. quilt...and since when do we care about muddying the waters?

I love the Livingston Lemon Drop color!

197860-body-large.jpg

I have been eyeing this one for some time, but can't pull the trigger. I know my guy will get one just as nice one day. It would probably help if I told him to look for one. :biggrin:

Scarlet red or Fire red for sure!

attachment.php

CUST164_body-front.jpg

Back