It's a rainy day

Alarik

And every sane person knows that a rainy day should be dedicated to putting on new strings, feeding the fretboard with some lemon oil and adjusting the necks on your guitars.

First one

And another one

And another one

Done!

No more dusty heads

Just love the smell of clean birds in the morning

Not a fingerprint to be seen

Nice work! But lemon oil doesn't feed a fretboard, lemon oil is scented naphtha. Dry cleaning fluid. Lighter fluid.

Used right it will clean it, but as with other uses of naphtha (for example, your dry cleaner uses it to get stains out), it leeches oils from things as it evaporates. Like your fretboard.

PRS' recommendation is to clean with it, and then if desired, seal it with a furniture polish.

I have found that the Elixir electric strings work very well with all three of my PRSi too.

I only get two shows out of a set of strings. I've been digging NYXLs for the past year. Coated strings don't last me long enough to justify the cost.

We were going to dirt bike today but rain screwed that up.

I only get two shows out of a set of strings. I've been digging NYXLs for the past year. Coated strings don't last me long enough to justify the cost.

We were going to dirt bike today but rain screwed that up.

Yeah the NYXL's are great but for some reason i keep coming back to the Elixir.

I get straight-up narcoleptic on rainy days. I'd have no choice but to nap between string changes.

You've just reminded me that I need to change the strings on my McCarty Singlecut. Because it's been, like....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Back