It's 2018: which PRS gets most of your attention?

Of my lil babies below, I’m gonna have to say ...

wSLqETT.jpg

It’s a tie between the purple McCarty and my Custom 24.

Don’t make me choose!

I can’t. I can’t. It’s too difficult. I love them both equally.

Runner up prize goes to my McCarty Korina.

Note: Once the pickups get changed in my DC3, I expect it to knock my Custom 24 out it’s spot in my current PRS rankings.

:)

BUT

If I were gonna be stranded on a desert island where, for some unknown reason, I’d be required to gig every night (to various styles of music)... I’d take the Swamp Ash Special Narrowfield AND/OR the 408. Those two guitars could cover all the tones anyone could ever need for all eternity.

I keep forgetting to look for these - I know they aren't common, but occasionally pop up on Reverb, etc. I've never owned a 12-string electric - I thought a Rickenbacker was going to fill that void before I started buying PRSi, but obviously I see no reason to settle for a Rick, now. Yours is a beautiful example! Love the color and the nice tight fiddle-back flame.

I had a double neck guitar back in the day. I thought it was cool as hell UNTIL I tuned it a few times. It's like tuning three guitars plus it weighed a ton.

Oh, if you are in Australia, check out Brierley pickups... he’s got a 60s vintage set that sounds SO good. I actually had settled on buying that set before realizing he was overseas. I still may pull the trigger on those if the Klein’s don’t work out.

If I see a white DC3, I will definitely give you a shout.

:)
I'll give them a listen, and cheers!

My Cocobolo Angelus Custom gets some play time almost every day...sounds even better than she looks! Obviously needs a day at the “spa” (AKA PTC)...been using that temporary B string tuner for 6 months.

obQBiQL.jpg

HKgNZDf.jpg

VRX0aaj.jpg

aLrnthK.jpg
Love, love, love that Cocobolo back!

P245 with 58/15. It's in the shop right now (and has been for a while with a couple bad piezo saddles), so I have to take solace in my avatar guitar, 25" SC with BKP Cold Sweats. That one was already a workhorse for me, so it was probably 60:40 245:SC anyway. I use my Tremonti when I want to thrash. Not using my Hollowbody, it's on the block right now.

There are two PRS guitars to get my attention, the reason there is two, one is acoustic and one is electric.

My electric is my favorite 1990 custom 24 I’ve had forever !!!

My acoustic is my 2012 Tonare Grand, look at all that love around the sound hole. I guess I should have put a clear pick guard on it but on the other hand guitars are meant to be played , not abused, just played and played hard!

My whale blue custom 24 is no stranger to its scratches and chips. Here they are.......
Ev934L3.jpg

3szL60E.jpg

Z6UtvpH.jpg

ohPFQZK.jpg
RLoGcXm.jpg

Back