Italian Holiday NGD: The magical NF3

Congrats man! I love my NF3; one of my top 3 guitars ever and a lifer guitar! Looking forward to hear how you enjoy it.

Yes, the neck pickup and in between sounds are amazing for clean work and you can actually get pretty stratty using the volume knob I find. That said, wait until you play with the bridge pickup through a high gain amp.....

As a non strat guy, I concur @Utkarsh ! I bought mine not even plugging into any type of gain. For the longest time, I mainly played it clean on everything besides the bridge pickup and love all those tones. Last weekend, I took the nf3 along with my bad cat hot cat to our band rehearsal spot to crank it up a bit. All of my usual pickup selections through the clean channel sounded terrific. Then I flipped down to the bridge pickup on the high gain channel and BAM! I was smacked with a clear, percussive but still warm enough tone that I hadn’t experienced with this guitar before. Sounded SO good. I didn’t even think to try to record any clips, just enjoyed the moment in discovering a great high gain tone. Different from all my normal tones but still felt right at home. Great guitars for sure!

Congrats on getting the best model PRS has ever made! I gig regularly and bring bring my 2 NF3s (seafoam and tri-color sunburst) as my main guitar and backup. I still haven't decided which one is which.

When you get to spend more time with it, as others have mentioned, be sure to experiment a lot with the volume and tone controls. There are so many sounds in the NF3 that can be had just by switching pickups and turning knobs. Like RickP said, these are hard to find, otherwise I'd probably have a couple more. I'm happy for your good fortune.

As a non strat guy, I concur @Utkarsh ! I bought mine not even plugging into any type of gain. For the longest time, I mainly played it clean on everything besides the bridge pickup and love all those tones. Last weekend, I took the nf3 along with my bad cat hot cat to our band rehearsal spot to crank it up a bit. All of my usual pickup selections through the clean channel sounded terrific. Then I flipped down to the bridge pickup on the high gain channel and BAM! I was smacked with a clear, percussive but still warm enough tone that I hadn’t experienced with this guitar before. Sounded SO good. I didn’t even think to try to record any clips, just enjoyed the moment in discovering a great high gain tone. Different from all my normal tones but still felt right at home. Great guitars for sure!
People have been sort of ignoring my comments on this subject for years, and I'm sure that they are rolling their eyes behind the screen. But I've been saying FOR YEARS NOW, that the NF3 can do high gain very well. In fact, better than MANY other guitars including ones that are "made for high gain amps." Heck, the tighter and somewhat brighter nature of the narrow fields is an advantage with high gain in many situations! So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

TOLD YOU SO!

:D:D:D

Welcome to the club, brother!

Let me just state now for the record- if you think you’re in love with it now, you have no idea what is in store for you! When you get home and spend time with it, that will very quickly become one of your very favorite guitars, and one of the greatest you’ve ever played!!! Best neck ever, and INCREDIBLE tones of ALL kinds. Country twang through Metal, it KILLS at everything!!!
Am really looking forward to putting it through the rig. I am also wondering how it will cut through in a 3 guitar band context

Dude..

I would not look as good as you two on a Wednesday morning on vacation in Italy.

I’d still have wine stained lips, breadcrumbs in my four cheat hairs, and dried marinara on my lapels and cuffs.

NF3’s are awesome. Bangin’!
Haha Genoa was the tamest stop on the journey. Plenty of wine and pasta has been had

Congrats on the new guitar! Your collection is definitely one to behold! I've wanted to try a NF3 for quite some time...kinda wish they'd bring 'em back.

One of my favorite things about your NGD posts is how supportive your wife is and how much enjoyment the both of you get out of these. She always seems super supportive (I think it's so awesome that she takes pictures of you trying out the guitar) and seems to find just as much happiness in your NGDs as you do. Having somebody's support in this, someone who's just happy to see you happy, is something that is a tremendous joy.

Congrats to both of you!

I'll keep an eye on your YouTube channel to see if you do a demo or something!
Thanks. Yeah Nidhi is extremely supportive.
I’ve some plans to get the channels production and frequency up a notch but sadly time is always the biggest constraint . A proper video on this is on the roster

So. Jealous. (But happy for you!)

I’ve only found three kind of NF3s, when I can find them at all:

1. Overpriced, ridiculously.
2. Overpriced, and beat up.
3. Overpriced, from Japan, with multiple ads with different prices from different sellers for the exact same guitar with the exact same picture (EBay).

Seeing a real one in a guitar store has been a “zero chance of happening” thing here. I’m very glad for you finding one!
Agree. Even this one had been priced optimistically initially but they had already put it on offer and did a better deal eventually , mostly thanks to Nidhi.
I wouldn’t say it was cheap but I am happy with what I paid for it (The euro is also cheaper vs the dollar than usual which helped)

I am really looking forward to comparing this vs my favourite 513.

People have been sort of ignoring my comments on this subject for years, and I'm sure that they are rolling their eyes behind the screen. But I've been saying FOR YEARS NOW, that the NF3 can do high gain very well. In fact, better than MANY other guitars including ones that are "made for high gain amps." Heck, the tighter and somewhat brighter nature of the narrow fields is an advantage with high gain in many situations! So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

TOLD YOU SO!

Well my first jam with the band after going back home has Master of Puppets . So that will be baptism by fire . Also will be interesting to see if I can still down pick after a three week break from guitar

Yup I’m thinking this is the ticket for a set list that goes from Sultans of Swing to Master of Puppets

Thanks. Yeah Nidhi is extremely supportive.
I’ve some plans to get the channels production and frequency up a notch but sadly time is always the biggest constraint . A proper video on this is on the roster

Agree. Even this one had been priced optimistically initially but they had already put it on offer and did a better deal eventually , mostly thanks to Nidhi.
I wouldn’t say it was cheap but I am happy with what I paid for it (The euro is also cheaper vs the dollar than usual which helped)

I am really looking forward to comparing this vs my favourite 513.

Supportive, deal maker and an infectious personality (admittedly via YouTube).

You’re a very lucky man.

TOLD YOU SO!

I know, I know…:oops:

Back