It would be cool if PRS made...

That may be true, but Paul could sure make "the plank" a lot better! :p:p:p

Seriously, I have no interest in Tele's and see no reason Paul would ever make one. Paul has toyed with single coils for years, trying to make a "better strat." But a slab of wood with 2 single coils, a fixed bridge, and a baseball bat neck... he's already done much better stuff than that. Paul is about advancing the state of the guitar. Starting with the most primitive and basic slab guitar doesn't seem like something he'd be interested in. No offense to all you Tele lovers. :cool:

As a Tele lover, I agree with your opinion for the most part. The particular set of features makes me play "the plank" a certain way. That's a huge part of the appeal to me. The Silver Sky is not all that different from a traditional Strat, even though well done and clearly a huge seller. I think there are far more interesting things Paul could do.

Since the techniques to build these instruments are so heavily influenced by the craftsmanship used to make classical instruments like violins, violas and cellos, I’d kinda be interested to how a PRS made one of those might stack up next to a Stradivari or Guarneri.

That and a core 7 string that’s not PS priced.

OK ...

Since that "Paul Guy" will not Greenlight" my S2 McCarty 594 Thinline Plus (a Thinline, with a slight maple cap and flamey/ stripey top)

Do a McCarty 594 DC ... with a Pattern Thin neck. No need to change any CNC stuff. All components currently made on the S2 line.
Just involves NOT putting the chunky (but nice to those that can live with it ) chunkiest neck in the world (at least by todays standards) on the guitar

And slapping on the Pattern Thin neck on the S2 DC that already comes with a maple cap. Kinda like a Thinline ... that ate too many Big Macs ! ;)

Yeah... She'd be heavier and fatter ...But please make sure the maple cap has decent flame , as most S2's seem to get mediocre flame (a requirement of the Core Police ?)

Dark Cherry Sunburst ... then I pledge to be nice to Paul ... (and no crazy price increase, as it should be less than the current S2 DC , as it uses less 'hog in the neck ...

Last edited:
But please make sure the maple cap has decent flame , as most S2's seem to get mediocre flame (a requirement of the Core Police ?)

Think of it this way: Something's gotta give to bring the price of a Maryland-made S2 down to less than 40% of the price of the Core models.

It's only to be expected.

Think of it this way: Something's gotta give to bring the price of a Maryland-made S2 down to less than 40% of the price of the Core models.

Yeah ... But some do sneak through. The S2 McCarty's that went out to the You Tube influencers (The Tone King's for example) had quite a bit of flame...

Then ,average everyday Forum Dude Chicago Slim, posts pics of an S2 Semi Hollow with mega flame ... so they can sneak a couple through.

Just send one to me ! :)

If we’re taking orders, I’d like a 12 fret acoustic at a high S2 or low Core price point please.

How about a SC that has a trem without a W/T or P/T neck?

How about just burning the templates for thin necks and burying the body like E.T. cartridges?

JFC, thin necks don’t help you play “faster” anyway, they just make your thumb sore. Enjoy early onset arthritis.

Yeah ... But then they put their goofy "3+3" headstock on it... Which looks bad 'enuf on an "S" Type . It would look really bad on a "T" Type ! ;)

Exactly why the SS is better than the other strats. That “goofy” headstock, that evens out string tension makes for much better playability.

Substance over style. ;) Thank God Paul wouldn’t bend on that one, when making the SS.

Back