It would be cool if PRS made...

Send a thick donor core to a good Luthier and he can hand carve it for you, will cost way less than $14k, and if you want all hog then that will be at least one Santana fixed

;);)

I've had MANY thoughts in that direction. If there were a way to know for sure whether the neck from a Silver Sky (USA or SE) or a PRS CE model would fit into the neck pocket of a Warmoth V body guitar, that would be the path of least resistance. If only there were a PRS online guitar forum where I could go to ask people whether that would work or not, that would be great! :p

Sort of. A 24 fret Les Paul. The Santana shape definitely has more of a Les Paul bottom than the SC594. Question would be whether PRS would "upscoop" the treble horn like they do on the SC594 or leave it flat like I did in this mock-up.

bOVYE49.jpg

Here is the image of a SC594 I stole the corner from:

GsJiNLP.jpg

Here is a Les Paul randomly selected from the Interwebz:

57012_Gibson_Custom_Shop_1959_LES_PAUL_STANDARD_ORANGE_SUNSET_FADE_VOS_NH_911235_1_821x.progressive.jpg

I definitely prefer the lines on the SC594.

The SE Santana SC is basically a 22 fret SC with the longer 24-fret neck digging deeper into the body (vs the differences between the CU22 and CU24):

L48419000001000-00-500x500.jpg

That must make using those extra two frets a bit more awkward to reach!

I'd like that..... how about versions with one piece bridge with piezo or trem with piezo option

Sort of. A 24 fret Les Paul. The Santana shape definitely has more of a Les Paul bottom than the SC594. Question would be whether PRS would "upscoop" the treble horn like they do on the SC594 or leave it flat like I did in this mock-up.

bOVYE49.jpg
That actually looks quite cool! Not so much like an LP to my eyes. I think the thin body and fatter bottom would distinguish itself. Perhaps the rounded section could flare out a little more, or have a bit of a gradient as it joins the neck. That might add a bit of character!

The Santana shape is the original venerable PRS shape. It deserves a singlecut variant!

Last edited:
I've had MANY thoughts in that direction. If there were a way to know for sure whether the neck from a Silver Sky (USA or SE) or a PRS CE model would fit into the neck pocket of a Warmoth V body guitar, that would be the path of least resistance. If only there were a PRS online guitar forum where I could go to ask people whether that would work or not, that would be great! :p

Well there is an SS neck on reverb in states right now....failing that there are big box stores that do timed returns, if you wanna do a cheeky wee measure first yourself

...a Custom 24 with a stoptail option again!!

And a CE24 with white outline birds on rosewood boards (like the inverse of the black outline birds they offer on some models like Fiore) and maple board with black outline birds just like Fiore. Never been a fan of the solid white birds.

PVqBlJJ.png

I don't even know why I like guitars in the first place.

I never felt a desire to own guitars for musical reasons. I rescue them.

Every guitar I adopt is one less guitar 'relic'd'. One less guitar hanging on a wall hook like a prisoner in a medieval oubliette. One less guitar abused by a makeup-wearing, spiked bracelet clad, metal player.

The downside to rescuing these guitars is that once you stuff a guitar into your trousers to take it home, that's pretty much it for that pair of pants. They get all messed up by the tuning pegs, string ends, etc., while you're climbing into the getaway car.

:p

Every guitar I adopt is one less guitar 'relic'd'. One less guitar hanging on a wall hook like a prisoner in a medieval oubliette. One less guitar abused by a makeup-wearing, spiked bracelet clad, metal player.

The downside to rescuing these guitars is that once you stuff a guitar into your trousers to take it home, that's pretty much it for that pair of pants. They get all messed up by the tuning pegs, string ends, etc., while you're climbing into the getaway car.

But, but, but, black is more slimming! :p

Well said Les :D

For the record, I never wore makeup in the 80's. (Except for that one time I went to high school dressed as Alice Cooper... and got sent to the Dean's office... oh wait, that was the 70's, nevermind)
I did have attire which featured long hair, leather, spikes, hair mousse/spray, ripped denim jeans with zebra stripped spandex underneath and a made appearances in either a 1967 Dodge Coronet or a big black motorcycle. But I NEVER wore makeup. Hell no!

Well they could start with....

-A belly cut, softer edges for more comfort.
-Make them look and feel less like a carving board.
-Put birds on the fretboard.

Yup...that should just about do it.;)

And get rid of that ugly @rsed headstock. Sorry, not sorry! Just can’t get on board with it.

It’s only an opinion so please don’t send the hate.

Well they could start with....

-A belly cut, softer edges for more comfort.
-Make them look and feel less like a carving board.
-Put birds on the fretboard.

Yup...that should just about do it.;)

I want none of those things but I gave you a like anyway. They would be upgrades to some people even if I'm not one of them.

What I do want is more solid color options in the core line.

Last edited:
I know this is the electric forum but I would say US acoustics besides just private stock

OK, forget the request I started with...the Santana LPSpecial Doublecut McCarty Thinline, just PRS's entry into the ever-crowded genre of mahogany planks. (Albeit by losing the pickguard, it upscales the platform visually, along with build, playability, and QC guaranteed by its PRS construction.)

Now I want something with internal construction somewhere between a hollowbody and a semi (and a depth between them), and the Paul's Guitar TCI pickup regimen. (Only why those double mini-toggles when one could split one bucker with the volume pot and the other with the tone pot?)

I'm not sure you can improve on the perfect guitar. :)

That may be true, but Paul could sure make "the plank" a lot better! :p:p:p

Seriously, I have no interest in Tele's and see no reason Paul would ever make one. Paul has toyed with single coils for years, trying to make a "better strat." But a slab of wood with 2 single coils, a fixed bridge, and a baseball bat neck... he's already done much better stuff than that. Paul is about advancing the state of the guitar. Starting with the most primitive and basic slab guitar doesn't seem like something he'd be interested in. No offense to all you Tele lovers. :cool:

Back