It would be cool if PRS made...

I think they did!:rolleyes:
Oh I don’t mean that one :D. That was an SE model if I remember correctly? That’s based on the standard PRS singlecut shape.

I really mean the Santana slim fat-bottom shape, but in singlecut form.
BSkclgm.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I don’t mean that one :D. That was an SE model if I remember correctly? That’s based on the standard PRS singlecut shape.

I really mean the Santana slim fat-bottom shape, but in singlecut form.
BSkclgm.jpg

WOW! That's an incredible Santana, you must have posted it before in a different thread that I missed. I would like to see more pics, do you have a link for a thread with more pics?

WOW! That's an incredible Santana, you must have posted it before in a different thread that I missed. I would like to see more pics, do you have a link for a thread with more pics?
I can’t recall where I’ve posted this one before. Sporadically here and there. But here’s more shots! I think a singlecut version would be really cool!
wr5TAOU.jpg
MhZq8LG.jpg

I can’t recall where I’ve posted this one before. Sporadically here and there. But here’s more shots! I think a singlecut version would be really cool!
wr5TAOU.jpg
MhZq8LG.jpg

HUBBA HUBBA. Incredible, love the white back with that green! Lizard inlay is awesome!! How bout full guitar photo.... Pleeeeezze

HUBBA HUBBA. Incredible, love the white back with that green! Lizard inlay is awesome!! How bout full guitar photo.... Pleeeeezze
LOL sure! It’s Aquamarine stain but looks a little green due to the clear coat yellowing a little and the blue fading a little. The inlay is a west street “dragon”. Here’s the only full pic I’ve taken so far, alongside a fellow pernambuco necker. I’ll whisper to the guitar that it’s found a fan! :D
vdk026k.jpg

Last edited:
Well that looks incredible..... fading/yellowing doesn't matter its awesome :D great PS Cust22 also!! Thanks for sharing!

Because, the neck & headstock is the most important art of the instrument and I want that part of the V to be the same specs as a McCarty 594. Only PRS does that.

As for the body shape, PRSh is always going on about the guitar primarily being a tool for the player and trying to make the guitar become the best tool possible so that the player can get the job of playing done most effectively. I personally find it to be a HUGE struggle to play ANY guitar which isn't a V because (imho) the V design is the most ergonomic design anyone has ever made. It is the ONLY design which doesn't interfere with my beer gut, can be played comfortably standing up, sitting down, it looks really cool on stage... it's just a GREAT design and for me, I would consider it to be the right tool for the job. But, moot point because I don't care anymore. I don't even know why I like guitars in the first place.

Send a thick donor core to a good Luthier and he can hand carve it for you, will cost way less than $14k, and if you want all hog then that will be at least one Santana fixed

;);)

I think if they did that, it’d literally be a Les Paul? Not that Gibson gets upset about stuff like that.
Sort of. A 24 fret Les Paul. The Santana shape definitely has more of a Les Paul bottom than the SC594. Question would be whether PRS would "upscoop" the treble horn like they do on the SC594 or leave it flat like I did in this mock-up.

bOVYE49.jpg

Here is the image of a SC594 I stole the corner from:

GsJiNLP.jpg

Here is a Les Paul randomly selected from the Interwebz:

57012_Gibson_Custom_Shop_1959_LES_PAUL_STANDARD_ORANGE_SUNSET_FADE_VOS_NH_911235_1_821x.progressive.jpg

I definitely prefer the lines on the SC594.

The SE Santana SC is basically a 22 fret SC with the longer 24-fret neck digging deeper into the body (vs the differences between the CU22 and CU24):

L48419000001000-00-500x500.jpg

That must make using those extra two frets a bit more awkward to reach!

Back