It weighs how much?

Wakester

Re Member
Ok, I've got what may seem to be a silly question:

How much does a PRS Multi-Fit Case really weigh?:confused:

I just got my tracking for the case I ordered, and the shipping info through FEDEX says the box weighs in at 20 pounds.:eek: I mean is this thing like, lead lined and made with the densest 5/8" ply available to man?o_O

Or, ....Or, am I the lucky recipient of a pre-loaded guitar case filled with the Private Stock I didn't order 2 years ago/:rolleyes: (Not Likely:oops:) Or did I I win a gutiar and they didn't tell me yet? (even less likely:oops:)

Your thoughts please.:D

Last edited:
Compared to my similar strat case at 11 lbs and the LP is 8 lbs.. first time LP was the lightest anything.

Last edited:
They are HEAVY indeed.
I haven't used them for local transport (practice and gigs) for years.
I got a Reunion Blues double guitar bag for that now.
I have the PRS Gig bags, but I don't trust them in the back of my work van. I have been taking a guitar with me on the road for after work. I was using a Chromacast case, but it was a POS from the get go, so I invested in the Multi-Fit. Now I think I need a sherpa to drag the case around for me.

Look at the gruvgear gigblade bags. I got one for my Hiland, and am very pleased with it. The only negative? It zips backwards, with the headstock pointing to the right. I emailed the company, and they told me that was a conscious decision of theirs.

Last edited:
Seriously, I’ve played a PRS every time I’ve played at church or anywhere else lately, and I’m telling you, a PRS in a case weights 3 times what my Peavey Wolfgang, or Carvin Bolt T do, in their lighter plastic cases. PRS cases are crazy heavy.

Seriously, I’ve played a PRS every time I’ve played at church or anywhere else lately, and I’m telling you, a PRS in a case weights 3 times what my Peavey Wolfgang, or Carvin Bolt T do, in their lighter plastic cases. PRS cases are crazy heavy.
Well thrn I guess the Fedex dude is going to get a hernia and a few weeks off from work starting Saturday. :rolleyes:

When I was shopping for my first PRS and he handed me the Pauls (in my profile pic), I fell in love for sooooo many reasons. But one of the reasons was its weight. Then I paid for it and he put it in its paisley case and handed to me and I practically fell over. He sort of smirked and said, "Yeah. Prs cases are heavy!"

It didn't dampen the love any but my wife carried it to the car for me!:eek:

Back