It Just Fits!

heartcall

This is not a slam other guitars thread... I am just making an observation.

I am a super-strat kind of guy! Zion Guitars are a huge passion for me... but in 2004, my beloved 1988 Radicaster was stolen and recently I believe with all my heart I found it. But the guy who got it through a Craigslist ad wouldn't work with me to get it back. SAD...

Anyway... losing that guitar was difficult and I know from some, that might sound overly-dramatic... but, I think I am in "understanding" company. So... suffering that loss, I have been searching for a guitar. I have played Charvels, other Zions, even high end Suhr's... all were good, if not awesome. BUT... last summer a dear friend of mine bought a 2016 PRS CE and gave it to me.

There is just something about that guitar! Every time I strap it on... it feels like home. It just fits!!! I LOVE it!

The only thing I am not a fan of is the 24 fret... BUT, one day, I think I am going to snag a Custom 22 :).

Anyway... you know what I mean, yes? They just fit!

I know just where you're coming from. Glad you finally found a worthy new friend!

Mean people suck! Glad you were able to move on. :)

A happy ending, but that still sucks! If that was indeed your guitar on Craigslist, and you have the documentation, you could have reported the seller to the police for receiving/selling stolen property. In fact, you still can...

There is just something about that guitar! Every time I strap it on... it feels like home. It just fits!!! I LOVE it!

Literally everyone on here will have a specific guitar come to mind when they read this as they remember the first time they found "the one." It's like pulling out the sword of Excaliber. I'm happy for you!

Good friends. One of the few things more vital than a goof guitar. (Don’t go do the math, it’s meant to be truly honest rhetoric):)

I'm curious if you can be more specific about why you don't like the 24 frets, Do you have the 81/15 pickups?
is that related to playability? feel? tone?

Yeah, I feel the same. I don't play or own other brands anymore(except one acoustic). They don't feel right to me. Played a few pricey LP's last week and they didn't stay in my hands long.

Yeah, I feel the same. I don't play or own other brands anymore(except one acoustic). They don't feel right to me. Played a few pricey LP's last week and they didn't stay in my hands long.

I'm with ya. I was never really "brand loyal" in the past. It was all a journey. That journey has ended, for good. I'll hang on to the Knaggs cuz it's like a kissing cousin, but everything else is gone, or will be on the block soon. I'll likely hold onto the Majesty just cuz it's a shredder, and I'm a Petrucci fan.

I'm curious if you can be more specific about why you don't like the 24 frets, Do you have the 81/15 pickups?
is that related to playability? feel? tone?

OHHHHHH I LOVE the 85/15's... they're amazing! As far as the 24 frets... it's just the fret board feels sooooooo LONG - hehehe... but, trust me... I love my guitar in spite of the 24 frets ;-). But I would like to get a 22 fret custom one day :)

Back