It’s official…

The only problem there is I get murdered by the “wife”! Hence my other comment. What can I say, a last ditch effort and a little poking fun at myself and situation.
Well....Then There Is That! Hey, It Sounded Good On Paper...LOL.

You Are Going To Make It And Be Ok My Friend. I Am Pulling For You And Believe In You Man!

My "desire" comes in waves. Sometimes I am loving what I am doing. Sometimes I am just putting in work.

The thing is, with a band that is at least semi-active, you still HAVE to put in work. So you stay reasonably sharp while waiting on that spark to come back.

At least for me.
I am well aware of this but for some reason keep pushing the thoughts to the side. I have been thinking that I need to find a playing situation to make myself start picking the guitar up every day. I just don't want to gig every single weekend anymore. It eats up all of my free time and then I don't get to do other things that I like to do that I am still doing. I thought I had the situation but it hasn't materialized yet. I don't think it is dead yet but I am going to have to put some effort into reaching out to some people to find out what is going on.

I am well aware of this but for some reason keep pushing the thoughts to the side. I have been thinking that I need to find a playing situation to make myself start picking the guitar up every day. I just don't want to gig every single weekend anymore. It eats up all of my free time and then I don't get to do other things that I like to do that I am still doing. I thought I had the situation but it hasn't materialized yet. I don't think it is dead yet but I am going to have to put some effort into reaching out to some people to find out what is going on.
Yep, seems like the older we get, the less opportunities there are out there. Not like being 19 and still living with mom, where the only real concerns are, who's house will the parents let you play loudest at, or won't complain about the smell of "smoke". Once life hits, if you are not actually making a living at music, it can be difficult to work it into the schedule. There are jobs, careers, kids, responsibilities.....all of which are biting into the time you could just be sitting around "playing". And then when you DO get time, it is like sh*t...all I want to do is relax and do-------NOTHING!

I think I landed myself into something that has been working pretty well for the past few years. Keeps me going without taking over time that I need for day to day life.

Yep, seems like the older we get, the less opportunities there are out there. Not like being 19 and still living with mom, where the only real concerns are, who's house will the parents let you play loudest at, or won't complain about the smell of "smoke". Once life hits, if you are not actually making a living at music, it can be difficult to work it into the schedule. There are jobs, careers, kids, responsibilities.....all of which are biting into the time you could just be sitting around "playing". And then when you DO get time, it is like sh*t...all I want to do is relax and do-------NOTHING!

I think I landed myself into something that has been working pretty well for the past few years. Keeps me going without taking over time that I need for day to day life.
I am to the point where I really only want to play two or three gigs a month. It can be difficult to stay tight and sounding good at that frequency of gigging. It would take good players that are dedicated enough to stay up on things.

Well that's interesting! My post sat in "waiting mod approval" since I posted it the other day. Even last night, still showed that. Now when I look, it's completely gone. I have NO CLUE why they would delete the post! NOTHING offensive to anyone was said in that post. ALL it did was outline the things I've done to help a fellow forum member, so honestly, this ticks me off. :mad:
Very odd.

Well that's interesting! My post sat in "waiting mod approval" since I posted it the other day. Even last night, still showed that. Now when I look, it's completely gone. I have NO CLUE why they would delete the post! NOTHING offensive to anyone was said in that post. ALL it did was outline the things I've done to help a fellow forum member, so honestly, this ticks me off. :mad:
Probably easier to kill it than worry about whether it would start a fight.
It’s out of date and context now anyway, so let it go.

Today’s indulgence. Surprisingly funky, punchy cleans with the 12ax7 and ef86 combined with the middle switch, both pickups selected. Pure rock with the Xotic RC booster on the bridge pickup.

Jcm6eLP.jpg

I have been spending more time playing lately as well. I reconfigured my whole pedal board this past weekend and spent a good while playing to test out all of the pedals and how I want to use them. I swapped out half of the board with pedals I have purchased over the past few years. They were all better options for me for this board. I had multiple of each type of pedal out and compared them to see what delivered what I wanted the best. Some of the pedals were still the best ones for my use and they got to stay on the board.

Now that I have the pedal board creating the tones I want, it is time to dig in deep on the song list. Once I get that all working, I will be spending time with my Kemper to see if I can get my rigs on there to do what I am doing now with the new pedal lineup. I think I can but I want to make sure it is giving me the same pleasure I am getting right now with the pedals. I couldn't be happier with the tones I am getting right now.

I have been spending more time playing lately as well. I reconfigured my whole pedal board this past weekend and spent a good while playing to test out all of the pedals and how I want to use them. I swapped out half of the board with pedals I have purchased over the past few years. They were all better options for me for this board. I had multiple of each type of pedal out and compared them to see what delivered what I wanted the best. Some of the pedals were still the best ones for my use and they got to stay on the board.

Now that I have the pedal board creating the tones I want, it is time to dig in deep on the song list. Once I get that all working, I will be spending time with my Kemper to see if I can get my rigs on there to do what I am doing now with the new pedal lineup. I think I can but I want to make sure it is giving me the same pleasure I am getting right now with the pedals. I couldn't be happier with the tones I am getting right now.
I'm a sucker for a good pedalboard pic (hint hint).

Hope you’re getting your “groove” back.

Been playing a lot of acoustic lately, even bought a couple new ones. Been playing in DADGAD to change things up too. Gonna maybe try to record some stuff in the next few days.
When I say days, I mean weeks…or months:p

I did throw my zoom h6 in front of my acoustics the other day at least to try to get a baseline of how they record. I haven’t listened to them on anything besides the headphones coming out of the zoom though. Maybe this weekend I can do more.

Well, I haven’t worked on recording much of anything just yet. Just some phone snippets of the ideas I’ve got coming in, which are quite a few. I’ve got 5 new song ideas with a couple parts each. No completed songs really, I should probably started harnessing them a bit and working out some basic structures so I don’t lose sight. Jumping back into the acoustic realm has really jumpstarted my creativity lately. A couple new guitars never hurts the inspiration either!

So now the real work comes in. Doing some arrangements, at least basic skeletons of songs and trying to capture those with some half decent recording quality.

I’ve only picked up an electric guitar a couple times in the past month, never actually plugging into anything. Who’d have thunk?!

Back