It’s official…

I’m fairly certain I’m going through a midlife crisis at this point. “Crisis” may seem over dramatic.
It’s too bad my hours at work are down and I need to watch spending more. Seems like it’d be fun go the route of buy the fancy car, pickup women half my age and end up in a ditch somewhere!:p
I have felt like I may be experiencing this at times. For me, I have had feelings that I have accomplished more than my parents did and have had a pretty good life while looking back. What is in front of me is where I get lost at times. I have accomplished almost everything I wanted out of life. I am still waiting on that multi millionaire status part. I don't see that happening but I think I would make a great rich guy. One could see my guitar collection and Harley as mid life crisis things but they really are not. I have been into both since I was young and they have stayed with me through life.

I don't want to pick women half my age up. They don't act like the ones my age and seem to be more messed up... :)

Every idea or what I like is boring! I wanted to start playing more blues. I am just trying to find my niche. Blues is boring, my favourite band is boring according or now obsession comes into the mix according to who? Different strokes for different folks.

If you got told everything you do or attempt to do is boring is not very encouraging or positive in my opinion.
See #4.

The difficult trick that Petrucci does, however, is to create the solo in the first place.
Totally agree! It has never been lost on me, that even when I was playing someone elses solo note for note and felt it was perfect, I still didn't WRITE the solo. Some of the Dream Theater stuff is so complex that many people say things like "very few people could even play that part" and I'm thinking "but think about the mind that WROTE it in the first place, and THEN had the ability to play it!" Two different skills, both at an incredibly high level!

OMG. what is going on? I wrote a post and it says it's waiting moderator approval and won't appear to to others until a mod approves it! Did someone report me or something? Jason, I need some of your blood pressure meds! LOL Seriously though, this is messed up!
That sounds like double secret probation. Who brought that back?

That sounds like double secret probation. Who brought that back?
Well, Wormer, obviously. He's the Dean!
animal_house_6.jpg

Last edited:
And, I'm not kidding. I've tried multiple ways and it will not let me post my reply. I thought it was too long and even tried chopping it into 3 pieces and every time I try to post any part of it, I get this error...

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

I’m fairly certain I’m going through a midlife crisis at this point. “Crisis” may seem over dramatic.
It’s too bad my hours at work are down and I need to watch spending more. Seems like it’d be fun go the route of buy the fancy car, pickup women half my age and end up in a ditch somewhere!:p
I think every change in life circumstances results in a bit of a crisis until you adjust to the new situation. Fewer hours at work means you have to adjust to both more discretionary time and less money. We always settle somewhere, and I usually look back and wonder what the fuss was about.

I’d be careful with the ditches though, they ain’t what they used to be.

Now it's even blocking me from replying to your PMs! :mad: Says it appears it might be spam.

This could be some members dream come true... if I can only post a few short posts a day and then get blocked. :p
Since it mentioned spam, it is probably a spam filter. Who knows how many posts you have to have for that to go away..

Since it mentioned spam, it is probably a spam filter. Who knows how many posts you have to have for that to go away..
It just let me reply to Alan... must be because it has dollar signs in it since we were discussing that get rich quick scheme I'm trying to lure you into. I"m going to remove the dollar signs and try to send again

I had to reference a bit of theory to come up with parts of this, but used my ear a lot, too. You just never know with this stuff. Gotta go where it takes you. Not that I'm holding this up as a model of greatness, it certainly isn't. But I needed to do some woodshedding in order to do it.

Nice work!

@WingerRules i have to apologize for my stupidity and really took everything you said out of context. I thought you were picking on me but you weren’t!! You were trying to be informative and helpful as always! I am truly sorry for my ignorance and my attitude.
Lola, I've left my office and was alerted to this post. I hope you see that I've tried HARD to be encouraging and supportive for you.

Last edited:
My "desire" comes in waves. Sometimes I am loving what I am doing. Sometimes I am just putting in work.

The thing is, with a band that is at least semi-active, you still HAVE to put in work. So you stay reasonably sharp while waiting on that spark to come back.

At least for me.

My "desire" comes in waves. Sometimes I am loving what I am doing. Sometimes I am just putting in work.

The thing is, with a band that is at least semi-active, you still HAVE to put in work. So you stay reasonably sharp while waiting on that spark to come back.

At least for me.
Yeah, I get that. I know that process well after the past 20 years. We’ve been 100% inactive since February due to health issues.

Back